Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Update on Molly

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by MollySmith, Sep 8, 2013.

1. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

I've not been around for a while. I have been busy with my freelance work.

Anyway a brief update on Molly's progress with her lead reactivity for anyone who was interested. She's been a bit poorly with tummy problems lately so we've had a few vet visits which hasn't helped her lead problems despite keeping her in the car until the actual appointment! So I have been making an extra effort to take her out and about to keep her on track with her progress around other dogs on lead.

Last week we went to Norfolk and I'm pleased to report that we went to four National Trust places, three pub gardens and managed to have a drink in each of them and a long walk around the grounds at the NT places. I think I counted up 21 dogs and only one reaction because that dog appeared around a corner face on.

I can't say we'll probably ever do this without a huge bag of treats and a loud clicker but it's got to the point where I can manage and feel comfortable taking her out. We're not off the gentle leader completely yet so that is work in progress as is her recall. We are also working on going inside places with dogs around but her llw is coming along a treat, in fact most of our walk at Blickling Hall (some 2 miles) was without the leader even past sheep, it's fine as long as dogs stay a good distance away.

In general her hyperness has decreased dramatically and one long walk around Blickling was enough to send her to sleep for most of the day. We've not had to use baby gates or much recently so I hope this gives hope to those of you with young adolescents :)

Thank you to those of you who were kind, understanding and supportive on our journey.

#1 MollySmith, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice