Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Update on Harry

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Lisa Franklin, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Lisa Franklin

Lisa Franklin PetForums Junior

Bless him, all is back to normal!

Poor little mite has been through alot these last few days and he has fallen out with me a bit because he doesn't like the aunitbiotics that I have to give him.

He has a check up with the vets tonight, I am hoping that he will be given a clean bill of health.

Next challenge is to get Harry and Honey back together without him getting all randy again. Think I will do it very slowly and gradually and if he starts with her take him away for a bit and see how it goes.

Does that sound like the right thing to do?

2. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Oh thats good news! Good luck at the vets!

Yes just do it slowly especially after what has happened but try not to separate them too much if they get randy as you arent supposed to come in between them when they are bonding unless they become locked in a fight although i know sometimes it is necessary! Im sure the hormes will settle soon and things will eventually work out ok just keep an eye on him so he doesnt get sore again.

Keep us updated xx

3. Lisa Franklin

I'll definatly keep you posted.

Just really worried it will happen again and he is worth every penny but it was NOT cheap at the vets (£50).

I really want them to be together and be good friends.

I will put them together in our living room and see what happens, but do I put them back in a hutch together? They are in seporate ones at the min, facing eachother and next to eachother.

If he is shill just as randy do I just let them be together for short periods?

4. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

I wouldnt leave them in a hutch together just yet in case he is still sore, or maybe just see what happenes when you put them together, it can and will take time but it will be worth it in the end! Maybe just let them play together for a few days but keep them separate but so they are next to each other then try after that to put them together if they are ok, but watch them in the hutch before leaving them alone together! You will need to be the judge! :p

When i tried bonding Barney and Dexie we had the humping non stop and i mean non stop for about 3-4 weeks it was a nightmare and poor Dexie bless her she never attacked him or anything, then in the end he gave up and they became the best of friends! :D

I was told not to get in between them as you shouldnt get any other scent there when bonding if possible and just pull apart if they become locked on to each other fighting! So just leave them to it but separate them for periods of time if it comes a bit too much for either one of them x

5. Lisa Franklin

Thanks!

I will see what the vet says tonight and I might leave it a couple more days or so before I let them be together again.

I have been getting them out of excerise seporatly since it happened but in the same room so they will have been able to smell eachother.

6. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

Poor harry - glad things are starting to look up! x

7. Lisa Franklin

Hows Normi after his big op?

8. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Good News for Harry! x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice