Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

update on Flossy and her 6 kittens

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by cats galore, Aug 23, 2013.

1. cats galore

cats galore PetForums VIP

i thought i'd start a thread to update on Flossy and her kittens. the other threads are too depressing with illness and death all the way through them, so this one hopefully will stay a happy thread as we watch Flossy get stronger and healthier and her kittens thrive. they are all doing really now the antibiotics have kicked in and are growing well. in fact the biggest kitten weighed in this morning at 233g - just 33g short of what baby Faith weighed at just under 4 weeks old. these kittens are 7 days old tonight. the black and white baby has opened his eyes today but the others are still shut tight. there is one girl in the litter, the torti obviously and the rest are boys. there is a possibility that some may be long or semi long haired as daisy, Faith's mom, is Flossy's daughter. time will tell i suppose. here's a few more photos of the kittens and Flossy - i haven't managed to get any individual photos yet - they are too wriggly:D
    http://[​IMG]

lastly a little full tummy:D

2. Cosmills

Cosmills PetForums VIP

Awwwwww I want that tortie girl .... Well all looking super and that weight is great ... Keep up the hard work hunni x

3. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Oh CG!!!!!
    Squee squee SQUEE
    Too much kitten deliciousness in one post.
    I am so very glad that they are all doing so well.
    You are an absolute star for stepping in and stopping this horrible over breeding situation. Thanks to you all these lovely cats can now find happy forever homes.

4. cats galore

they will all be needing forever homes as soon as they areold enough. i will be getting them neutered/spayed before they leave. my vet said he will do it at 12 weeks old. the two mom cats, Flossy and Daisy will be spayed too before being re-homed. there is no way these cats will have to go through this again.

5. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

They look very well and are lovely colours. Hopefully you won't have too many problems getting their forever homes.

6. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

:001_wub::001_wub::001_wub:

They are so more-ish! G;ad they're on the rod to recovery, antibiotics can be marvellous. Mum looks very contented too, what a brilliant job you have done :)

As for the tummy photo, just gorgeous :D

7. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

Awwww, they are so cute.:p

8. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

best wishes for the lovely family

9. cats galore

just thought i would update everyone on my great news. i've just secured a fantastic forever home for Flossy and 1 or even 2 of her babies. all will live together with a lovely couple i know. i will still get to see them and will have lots of photos sent to me. i couldn't wish for a better home for them. after all the hurt and upset, this has definitely cheered me up:) so for the next 12 weeks they will remain with me until they have been neutered then off they go to there fab forever home:thumbup:

10. Cosmills

Cosmills PetForums VIP

Whoop whoop ... They deserve a fab home

11. cats galore

forgot to say that my neighbour is having the tortie too so only need homes for 3 boys now:)
    i've weighed them this morning and at 9 days old they weigh the same that baby Faith weighed at almost 4 weeks old. just shows how tiny she was:(

#11 cats galore, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  12. Lisac27

Lisac27 PetForums Member

What gorgeous photos, I love the last photo, the kitten has the cutest plump belly full of milk. They look like they are thriving and mum looks totally content xxx

13. cats galore

well everything is confirmed, Flossy and the black and white kitten and a ginger kitten will be going to live with a lovely couple that i know. i am so pleased as i know that there couldn't be a better home for them:). i will still be able to see them too which will be nice. they will be indoor cats with a big run built off the back of the conservatory. no worries at all for them. the couple are spending the next couple of months getting the run built and lots of cat activity towers purchased. Flossy already has a faux fur pink bed and pink dishes waiting for her - in the words of her new slave, she'll be a little diva in no time:D
    the tortie kitten who is going to my neighbour will also be an indoor cat. i'm so happy:thumbup::thumbup:

14. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

fantastic news CG, you deserve a positive after all you have been through.
    Lets hope the boys find equally good new staff.

15. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

hi , just bumping as theres a new member who is looking for a ginger kitten :)

16. Mum to Missy

Mum to Missy PetForums VIP

Oh my they are adorable I really, really want one, the one mum has her paw on in the first is to die for (I have a birthday coming up begining november, would it be wrong to want one as Bday pressie :confused:)

17. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

i hope all your birthday wishes come true:D

18. cat burglar

cat burglar PetForums Member

Me too! :D

~ CG you have done an amazing job with this beautiful family, well done indeed to you. Kudos.

19. Mum to Missy

Mum to Missy PetForums VIP

Thanks guys :) but reading through the posts I think she's already gone! and checking on the traveling it would be over 3 hours from here :confused:

Then I've got to think about Missy as well and being a new cat owner I feel out of my depth sometimes with just here, so would it be really fair to unleash a poor, helpless ickle cuttie on me!!

20. cats galore

the little torti girl is already gone along with the black and white kitten and at least 1 of the gingers. within the next couple of days i think it will be confirmed that all of them will have homes to go to - i might even keep one myself:D

#20 cats galore, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice