Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Update on Chloe,

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by vixtory, May 11, 2010.

1. vixtory

vixtory PetForums Member

We took Chloe to vets this morning for her to be booked in for tests.. vet called us in and told us they had the results from her blood and urine tests that she had done yesterday..

The news is pretty good, Chloes tests so far have shown that her liver and kidneys are working has they should be.. she has low protein in her blood!
    They took Chloe through and inserted a needle into her abdomen, the fluid that ran out was clear and didn`t have any blood in it!

The vet then told us that we could take Chloe home...they are trying her with meds first and have said that she may not need all the other tests doing after all... we have to go back with her on friday morning at 10.45am to see how she`s getting on!

They have given her Frusemide, 1 tablet every 8 hours..
    and Vetmedin flavour tabs 1 tablet twice daily 1 hour before food!

Really hoping these make a big difference.. and i am so happy she doesn`t have to have the tests done yet and really hoping she can avoid having them all together!

She was violantly sick after we gave her her first Frusemide tablet but she seems ok now and has had a walk round the garden!

Things appear to be looking up for her... i`m not going to get too excited about it yet though...

But i am made up that she`s at home where she belongs and i`m spoiling her rotten:thumbup:

Thanks everyone for keeping her in your thoughts xx

Will keep updating hows she`s doing xx

2. shutterspeed

shutterspeed PetForums Senior

ah, nice to hear this!!
    hugs!!

3. rona

rona Guest

Hope the meds work and she will be back to normal soon

4. MontyA

MontyA PetForums Member

That's really good to hear x

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I have a dog on Vetmedin, he's done extremely well on it.

Sounds like shes a little fighter.

6. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Oh thats brilliant,hope the meds help.x

7. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

hope she continues to get better. xx

8. vixtory

vixtory PetForums Member

thanks all... she`s eaten a small meal so i`m chuffed about that coz she hasn`t eaten properly for a good few days now, she`s sleeping atm.. she`s shattered bless her x

9. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Hopefully the sleep will be healing time.Bless her,shes a fighter isnt she.Well done Chloe xx

10. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

Great news.....been worried for you all during the day. Mum saw me looking at my watch several times so i told her the story

Hope Chloe continues to make progress and you all manage to grab some sleep xxx

11. lovaspringer

lovaspringer PetForums Member

:thumbup:im so relieved chloe is ok hun and hope all keeps well.xxxxx

12. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Oh i cant tell you how pleased i am to hear your news, in fact ime near to tears for chloe, you and the memories this brings back.

Monty was on frusmide and vetmedin very expensive but worth every penny he was on 13 tabs a day the maximum they can have and we owe a lot of his 11 months to them they are togeher the best combination you can have. So glad chloe is feeling better and you must be too, good luck with the recovery it took 4 days to make a difference so dont get too dispondent if she isnt jumping aroung tommorrow have patience and ime sure things will turn out well.:)

13. vixtory

vixtory PetForums Member

I`ve just caught Chloe pinching some special fried rice of my table lol... guess she`s feeling alittle better on herself.

Still going to only offer her 2 small meals aday for a few days yet though because i don`t want to over load her tummy and make her sick!

Worried though now because one of her meds has to be given 1 hour before food and she`s due to take it soon... now she has loads of fried rice in her tum! Guess i better leave her for a couple of hours now :(

Also can i just ask those that have dogs on meds for heart probs.. when chloe had her first dose of Frusemide earlier she was violantly sick within 2 mins of taking it... will she have sicked back the whole dose? We couldn`t see the tablet in the watery sick but we didn`t give her another one straightaway in case thats the wrong thing to do and we overdosed her! Should the dose be repeated if the dog vomits straight after taking it?

14. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

In 2mins it wouldnt have gone into her system but dont know wether i would have given her another ime not sure.

15. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

You say she's going for a checkup tomorrow? You could ask the vet :) x

16. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

My that is good news. Hope she continues to improve - lots of love to Chloe x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice