Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Update on a friend's dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nellybelly, May 4, 2010.

1. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

A while back I had made a post in the health and nutrition section about a friend's dog showing neurological problems.

The owners cannot afford an MRI, but it is looking more and more like a brain tumour. The dog is on medication - prednisone to reduce tissue swelling and phenobrabital to control the seizures, and he has some really godo days and some not so good days.

I think it won't be more than a few weeks until they will decide to let him go.

This is very difficult for me, as I lost my soul mate Nelson last year May 15th, and this dog was a very good friend of his...and also seeing him deteriorate reminds me of my Nelly in his last weeks. This dog is also great friends with Bella, who has been so kind to him, licking him and giving him kisses when he doesn't feel well. And I am also the unofficial "dog sitter and dog walker" for this dog, so I am very close to him.

Anyway, the owners are doing all they can to make their dog's last weeks as comfortable as possible, and he is very much loved.

Losing a dog has been the most traumatic experience in my life so far, and I really wish we didn't have to say goodbye to so many dogs in our lifetimes. I will never be the same after losing Nelson, and I don't even want to think that one day I will lose Bella. And even though he is not my dog, the dog who probably has a brain tumour is also breaking my heart.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice