Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Up date on my terrible morning walk

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by jbw54, Nov 14, 2012.

1. jbw54

jbw54 PetForums Member

Tried to get Max and Bailey out for their walk again …. no way were they going on that route again flatly refused sat down nooo not going that way Mum!!! Tried a different route but both little guys did not enjoy it at all and rushed to get home. Last walk of the day again same problem but this time my neighbour was out with her dog so we joined in, Max and Bailey were stuck like Velcro to the other dog – a Jack Russell who apparently “can look after himself” – anyway that went a bit better we managed to have a better walk. This morning tried again and they did go on the usual walk but were very nervous looking around all the time and you could almost feel the relief when they got home. To be honest I think they may have picked up some of my nervousness. Not sure whether the other morning could be classed as a “handbag” moment though but when you see a dog running at you growling I did have time to put my dogs behind me and try and stop the other dog what I was not prepared for was the other dog just pushing me over to get to the little guys. Physical neither of them was injured though the other dog did have its jaws around Max but as he had his weatherbetta coat on it couldn’t get a hold of him and I was quick enough to get the other dog around its collar. Anyway they have had their breakfast and are nicely tucked up fast asleep now, just need to do it all again at lunch time!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice