Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Unwell Tortoise

Discussion in 'Turtles and Tortoises' started by Urszula, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Urszula

Urszula PetForums Newbie

Hi, so i am new around here and i need some advice. I have a tortoise she is nearly four year old and she was suppose to hibernate this year for the first time but she became unwell. She lost quite a bit of weight so i went to the vets and they kept her in for a few day, they also placed a feeding tube as she wouldnt eat no matter what and they started her on anitiboitics because the suspected parasites. She was doing okay, she gained a bit of weight so i got her back yesterday and i am a bit worried becasue she is really lethargic and she slept the whole day today so far. She is just not herself at all. I know that she is unwell and that tortoises take a wee while to get better but i am not sure, should i call the vets? Should i just give her a bit more time? She doesnt have any other symptoms, her nose is nice and dry and her mouth is nice and pink so i am not sure what to do. I just don't want anything bad happen to her or her getting worse, she is really dear to me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice