Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

unwanted intruders

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by clairesparky, Apr 6, 2011.

1. clairesparky

clairesparky PetForums Newbie

Hiya,

I am sure someone out there can help, we have four cats, all lovely of course and all very friendly. To the extent that I am sure they are offering open invitations to all cats in the neighbourhood to ' come back to ours for some dinner' LOL Although they are not fighting and often will sit and watch our visitors eating!!!! However this is becoming a little tiresome and one of the four is a little nervous when the cat flap goes.
    We live in a rural area and our cats love being outside, especialy in the summer. The only thing we can think of to stop this 'open house' is to get a chipped cat flap, three of our four are already chipped by CPL so didn't know if anyone has advice on whether these work and what sort of procedure our fourth cat would have to go through to get chipped. Any advice welcome.

2. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Welcome to the Pets Forum, lovely to have you on board.

I can't answer your question I'm afraid but it shouldn't be too long until someone comes along who can. I didn't want to read but not offer you a welcome as that would be rude.

Cheers :D

3. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the forum :)
    It does sound as if you've become open house :D Micro-chip cat flaps have very good reviews and the procedure to micro-chip a cat is very easy, some groomers and pet shops even offer the service, so I don't think it would be too difficult to get cat number 4 chipped.
    However if your intruders are very determined any cat flap can be broken into.
    I think it would be worth putting one in - there are couple of makes on the market now which has helped to bring the price down a little too.

4. Abster21

Abster21 PetForums Junior

I've looked into the Petporte catflaps recently which are chip activated. You can programme it for up to about 30 cats (!) and looks fairly easy to do this.

Re the microchipping, a simple procedure at the vets. Just an injection. They did our two when they were in being neutured, and I think it was about £25?

I decided against this cat flap, but only because I'm not worried about other cats getting in, its the "presents" they might bring me that I don't want!

5. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

Maybe The intruders are on a cat only website and are invited to gatecrash the party for Free Food. :D. Seriously tho I cant Add anything to the other replies and hope you get the problem solved.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice