Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Unusual Dog names

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by IncaThePup, Aug 4, 2014.

1. ErsatzNihilist

ErsatzNihilist PetForums Member

I wanted to call Edgar “Sausage” but the breeder just said nothing and raised her eyebrow at me. And she’s a bit scary so I had a reconsider.

I remember absolutely years ago some family friends had an accidental littler (mongrel + mongrel) and got all the pups sent out to happy homes apart from the runt which they kept and called “Ugly Bloke”.

2. foxiesummer

foxiesummer PetForums VIP

Rescued a beagle from a hunt pack her name was Lilter. The most unusual I have had in the kennels was a pointer names Fraoch which is Gaelic for Heather. (Twas a boy ).

3. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

Ghost thread you've bumped up (4yrs old!) but I've just had lunch with my Godmother who told me when she was a child one of their cats was called Square!

4. bumbarrel

bumbarrel PetForums Member

I have a bitch named Kitasoo - never met another (it is the name of a Canadian First Nations group - I had just been to Canada)

Boz, my Cocker, is named after Charles Dickens, it is his original pen name.

5. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

I know it's an old thread but what a good one. I have never met another Timber. Although that might be because people run away when I call for him in the woods.

6. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, most wanted.

Dumpster.

I kid you not.:Wacky

7. Acidic Angel

Acidic Angel I am THAT person, sometimes...

We had a similar thing...
    The breeder wanted us to call Hazel "Diva", because that's her pedigree name and she thought it suited her as it was a "nice, strong name that shows power"...

Had I not been stuck on Hazel(which the breeder insisted wasn't strong enough for her), I probably would have reconsidered and backed down :rolleyes:
    Hazel's breeder was also pretty intimidating.

8. Peggypegs

Peggypegs PetForums Junior

Have yet to meet another Peggy in real life, doesn’t seem to be a popular dog name but everyone says it suits her. But I do think snchauzers suit old fashioned human names.

9. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

Ha, I want a black Shitzu and want to call him Sossidge, my husband has said no, I can't think why :D

My childhood dog was called Crumpet and the cat was called Paleface, I think someone on here had a Crumpet but I haven't heard of many and never heard of a Paleface, I also have never met another Hilde, but I have met a Hector who was a whippety type dog.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice