Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Untitled cats query

Discussion in 'Cats Shows and Events' started by Psygon, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Psygon

Psygon PetForums VIP

So I was looking at future shows for Jammy, and thinking about entering a double show. She currently has 2 PC's from her last two shows. My understanding is is she needs 3 to get her title?

If she were to enter a double show is it ok for her enter both shows and maybe get 2 PC's? How does that work?

2. QOTN

QOTN PetForums VIP

It is best to check the schedule but my understanding is that the change limiting a cat to competing at the level it has reached refers to the status at time of entry. I know that if a cat is entered at one level and attains it by a certain date before its next show, it can be put in the higher class. I think you must be able to enter both opens in a shared show. One judge might award while the other does not. (When I was showing there was no limit to the number of certificates a cat could be awarded.)

Make sure the judges have not already awarded her a PC.

Psygon likes this.
  3. Psygon

Psygon PetForums VIP

Thank you, I reread the schedule again - and you're right, it does mention that the title has to be claimed. I missed that first time through!

And yes, looking at shows where there are judges she's not seen before.

4. BritishBilbo

BritishBilbo I work with cats + I live with cats. I like cats.

You would just have a spare certificate, quite a few people do it as an ‘insurance policy’ when they only need one but enter both ‘Just incase’ one doesn’t award it.
    :p
    It won’t go towards the next title or anything it’ll just be an extra one she was awarded for being sooo beautiful :D:Cat.

Psygon likes this.
  5. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave PetForums VIP

I've not had to claim either of Basil's titles. With the new system the certificate has simply turned up in the post.

Psygon likes this.
  6. Psygon

Psygon PetForums VIP

:)

Good to know, I suppose I was worried maybe she got disqualified from the second show if she then had the three certificates and then couldn't win a reserve one :)

If that had been the case I wouldn't have entered her in both shows and just gone with one of them :)

7. BritishBilbo

BritishBilbo I work with cats + I live with cats. I like cats.

Hehe no it’ll just be that she was awarded a spare certificate, it won’t count for anything. I’m trying to find a double show where I have a shot at getting Harley’s last 2 imperials so I can call it a day with her and she can let her baby bro take over full time lol!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice