Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

unsure why

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by considerthis, Sep 8, 2013.

1. considerthis

considerthis PetForums Member

Over the last 2 week's every time I vacate a spot be it sofa or bed my pup throws himself into that spot (if he doesn't follow me that is) I often come back to a snoozy , very comfy looking pup and feel guilty when I budge him. There is no aggression, he makes no protest to me moving him, but this is becoming a regular thing. Just wondered what anyone thinks?! Cheers.
    15072013727.jpg

2. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

I had a sheltie that did this all her life I think they get comfort from the warm spot

3. ellenlouisepascoe

ellenlouisepascoe PetForums VIP

My Cavalier King Charles does this all the time but the husky doesn't. I think it's because its warm and cosy. If he's showing no aggression and moves ( all be it begrudgingly ) I wouldn't worry about it :)

Our Cav knows the " Off" command too so if he steals my spot I just tell him off and steal his warmth for a change :)

4. considerthis

considerthis PetForums Member

Ah that's good to know :) I just feel so guilty moving him when he looks so comfy

5. egroeg

egroeg PetForums Member

Teach him a game of "Up and Off" with treats, before you get a problem. Puppy needs to learn to move off your space as a learned behaviour.

6. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

We have a saying in our house ..on your feet loose your seat ;)

A lovely warm spot on the sofa :smile5:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice