Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Unsure where to place this thread..

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by princessx87, Aug 14, 2009.

1. princessx87

princessx87 PetForums Senior

But here goes..

I was just reading about a product that kills flea's called

ACCLAIM..

I have found some on ebay, But it doesn't tell you if its safe to use while indoors.

Like normally we use the flea bombs and have to stay out the house for 2 hours and remove all pets, Is this product the same or are we ok to stay indoors.

Also it states that a 1 400ml can will cover a 4 bedroom house.?
    Is this the case or should 2 can be brought to make sure??

Sorry for all the silly questions just want to get rid of these little buggers.

PS: also i have read, that everything should be steamed cleaned and hot washed, i thought they like hot things.. :eek:ut: lol

2. gesic

gesic PetForums VIP

Acclaim is a faily strong insectacide.
    I always used to advise spraying everwhere esp places u cannot access easily with the hoover. corners back of tvarea and dont 4get the car!
    U do not nec have to go out but ensure u are working in a well ventilated area.
    Steam is great for mattresses sofas, pillows etc as its not nice to spray with chemicals esp for those with resp probs like asthma.
    Steam will destroy the larvae stage and pos eggs. the spray used to do just adult stage but now most claimto do adult and larvae stage, most also remain active for 12 months.
    Another thing is treat ur pet with a product that not only kills fleas but also prevents any eggs from hatching...frontline combo is 1 sure many others will be following suit.

3. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

I had Acclaim before, didn't realize you could get it on ebay so will have to pop on there in a bit ;)

It's really good stuff but you should take caution when using it, don't inhale it and leave the house for about an hour to air properly. The first time I used it, I didn't read the can properly and only left the room for a few mins while it settled and was quite ill with headaches and nausea afterwards... so make sure you follow the instructions lol:blushing:

4. princessx87

princessx87 PetForums Senior

Thank you.

I called my vets about 10 mins ago.

Their advice was:-

Use ACCLAIM 2 hole cans
    Front-line spray every animal all over,
    Hoover twice a day,
    Washing bedding,
    Steam clean everything.

I thought what cheek i do all of that everyday anyway lol
    well over then steam / Acclaim.

Thanks for the advice, is it safe for the dogs and cats to be here though

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice