Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Unsure of cats due date

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by SophieThornton1987, Aug 9, 2009.

1. SophieThornton1987

SophieThornton1987 PetForums Newbie

Early june I had to take my one year old cat, roxy, to the vets with a swollen paw, she was in heat and had been fighting with another queen who had bitten her causing an abcess to form. She was given antibiotics, pain medicine and the vet palpated her abdomen and confirmed she was at most two weeks pregnant. So I calculated her due date to be August 4th, however, she has not given birth yet but based on the vagueness of the vets estimation I am not suprised.

She is fairly huge and her nipples are very swollen and pink and look like they are filling with colostum. All of the hair has disappeared from them. For the past week and a half I have been able to see the kittens moving around inside her belly and her belly appears to have dropped. For the past two weeks all she has done is sleep on our coffee table in the living room getting up to eat, use her litter tray, and for a fuss. She has become more vocal the last few days. She doesnt really like any of the nesting boxes I've made her and seems to randomly sleep infront of the front door on the cold tiled floor. I have placed nesting boxes all over the house but as far as I know she has only been in one of them but doesnt go in there often.

Behaviour wise, she seems to be purring a lot more, and its more high pitched. She is very vocal and will sometimes follow me all over the house.

I've been prepared for the labor and delivery for the last month, can anyone tell me how much longer there is to go until she goes into labor based upon my description?

Thankyou

2. SophieThornton1987

SophieThornton1987 PetForums Newbie

I forgot to say, we will definitly be getting little Roxy spayed when it is safe to do so. And we have found homes for 6 kittens so far. I can assure you all that i'm not as irresponsible as I seem. I love my little cat more than anything :)

3. ruthmcnally

ruthmcnally PetForums Member

hi

from what i have been reading and the advise that i have been given she sounds that she could be there any day now, you post mad me laught my is doing exactually the same and i have been waiting for the last 2 weeks. I took her to the vet 2 weeks ago and he said anytime now. All i can say is more sleepless nights for you and me and they will go when they pick it always when you have something palnned or to do.

Keep us posted

ruthxx

4. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

From what ive read on here sounds like she is almost there. Poor Ruth is going out of her mind waiting for Poppy!

No one thinks your irresponsible, if you have homes for the kittens etc etc, thats very responsible!

Ive got 2 weeks till mine, and then she will be spayed after as well, but I think its really nice to let them have a litter.

Good luck! cant wait for an update.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice