Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Unsettled last 2 nights

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by karenmc, Feb 10, 2021.

1. karenmc

karenmc PetForums VIP

Lol!! I know they get away with anything!! So sorry I missed seeing you on the Zoom. Hopefully next time.x

lullabydream and JoanneF like this.
  2. karenmc

karenmc PetForums VIP

Update - Well after 2 disturbed nights I decided to sleep on the sofa the next night. I left the crate set up and open, a blanket on one chair as is always there and Luna's bed next to the sofa. I got comfy and she lay on the bed next to me. I stroked her as she went to sleep. I woke up a few hours later and she was on the chair snoring! She slept there for the rest of the night and didn't wander at all or try to sleep on the end of the sofa (which she usually does if I am downstairs with her).
    Last night we thought I would do the same then on Saturday we would open the door to upstairs through the day, so she could pop up and down (so not a huge novelty for her by evening). Then we would set up a bed upstairs. However we get to Friday night and after being offered to go outside she walked straight into her crate. I thought I might as well let her start the night there just to see and would be ready to come down if necessary and the little rascal slept like a log until we woke her in the morning!! Also it started to be windy around midnight to the point of the letterbox rattling and my husband woke at 5am as he heard and saw a police car next door(he thinks there was an attempted break in) and not a peep from Luna!!
    At least we all had a good sleep! We are going to see how she is the next night or 2 and if back to normal continue with her crate as she likes it or if she starts to wake again, we are going to set up a bed upstairs and leave the door open to downstairs to give her both options.
    Thank you for your help and advice.
    Luna thinks this could be option 3

Attached Files:

O2.0, Jason25, lullabydream and 4 others like this.
  3. karenmc

karenmc PetForums VIP

Stealing our daughter's cosy TV spot set up with pillow and fleece blanket!!x

Ellie&cats, O2.0, Jason25 and 2 others like this.
  4. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

You are such a nice person @karenmc - your kind and gentle ways really come through so well on the forum:)

Contrast your approach with mine and i am a mean old witch:p

My method has worked. Tilly is, on some evenings, just giving a few whines when i load the dishwasher. And im just telling her that is enough and to settle herself back down:eek:

I was responsive when she did have the poo problem and i like to think im tuned in enough to know if she were really distraught. But i decided she was just a chancer.

My kids would all say i'm mean. Now most are grown up, they have saved a few examples of my mean ness over the years just to humiliate me:Shifty

I love your cozy Lunar pic. Im just thinking how my contrasting pic of Till would look, shut in her crate in the dark . . . .we need a violin emoji:Hilarious

5. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

I’m glad you’ve had a better nights sleep @karenmc. Long may it last
    I didn’t answer your original post as I’ve not had much experience of dogs waking up during the night, they seem to be as lazy as we are. My last one slept in our bedroom through choice. The door was open and she started joining us during the night after being settled downstairs with the other dog. She usually just settled down on the rug in the bedroom and stayed there. Then she started trying to get up onto the bed which my husband didn’t like and kept pushing her off. This happened on some nights and not others and initially I couldn’t see any pattern. Then I cottoned on that she was cold, so got her a cosy bed and she happily curled up in that every night and never tried to get on the bed again.
    I’m considering getting a bedroom bed for Isla as she does seem to like to sleep with us if she can, but at the moment feels the cold in the middle of the night and ends up wandering backwards and forwards between her bed downstairs and the bedroom which disturbs me (not my husband who sleeps through thunderstorms).

Ellie&cats, lullabydream and karenmc like this.
  6. karenmc

karenmc PetForums VIP

Thank you for your lovely words @tabelmabel. I love to read your posts. You are always kind and have a super sense of humour. I would love to see a pic of Tilly with her sad eyes and violin emoji! I think it would be a secret ploy to get a piece of cheese!!xx

7. karenmc

karenmc PetForums VIP

I hope so too @Siskin. I can just imagine your last Goldie climbing on the bed! They have no awareness of space an will happily try to squeeze into the tiniest space!! Luna would love to snuggle in with us. I can just imagine the 'golden glitter' everywhere!!xx

Ellie&cats, lullabydream and Siskin like this.
  8. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

I think she will be pulling a face similar to this in her crate 20190924_110830-1-1.jpg

She has got a few cracking expressions!

Ellie&cats, Jason25, karenmc and 2 others like this.
  9. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Oh Tilly come and live at boxer HQ they have their own room and bed. Plenty of woodland up the road and pheasants galore.

10. karenmc

karenmc PetForums VIP

Send her to us! That beautiful face would be very welcome. I have new sofas arriving in March so her and Luna could have one each!!x

Ellie&cats, tabelmabel and Jason25 like this.
  11. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Can I send you Timber? Tonight he is being an absolute brat.

Whinging for his dinner from 4.00 pm.

Emptied a little bin we keep in the living room and ate part of a tissue.

Mooching our dinner.

Getting under my feet (well, that's fairly normal, but you know, tonight it's a nuisance ...)

Then he just gives me the look and thumps his tail and my heart melts.

12. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

I will but then you get loki and his broccoli?

13. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Ha ha not a chance! I do love that little girl:Kiss

Murphles on the other hand . . . .:Hilarious

Murph does sleep really well with us (not in the bed but on his cushion in our room) when we're on holiday and i dont think he would like to be apart from us in a strange house.

Tills has only stayed in travel lodges with us so far and her crate fits perfectly under the big desk with the tv on.

And . . .guess what . . .she still goes to that crate at 7pm:D Even with us chatting, tv on just moving about at normal volume she takes to bed at 7 in the travelodge!

She is a funny girl! She is a snuggler though and does get to snuggle on our beanbags with us.

Beryl the cat gets upstairs in our house and sleeps on my daughter's and son's beds. And i used to love a cat in the bed but i have just got more and more allergic as the years have gone on so beryl cant come in our room at all now.

If we didnt have beryl, the dogs could come upstairs no problem but we decided to make that her domain. And she has very much established herself there!

Tilly does cheekily run up stairs sometimes and comes back down looking something like this:

:Cat:Nailbiting:Nailbiting:Nailbiting

14. karenmc

karenmc PetForums VIP

We could do a dog swap @JoanneF and Boxer123! Saying that Luna will give you the eyes Jo to 'share' your tea and is guilty of stealing many a tissue (clean!) or poo bag from my husband's pocket. If she came to Boxer HQ Sox and Loki would return to shredded toys...including the brocolli!! I think our broccoli toy lasted about 10 minutes. Lolx

15. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

What time do you feed him?

JoanneF likes this.
  16. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Then for the love of god send her so I can be free of this broccoli mine has lasted a year !

Ellie&cats, Jason25, JoanneF and 2 others like this.
  17. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

20210213_191706.jpg

This is Tilly's little hobby - can you see? This is her bed full of odd socks and gloves.

This melts my heart - i just find it really cute and very amusing so i let her have them. She has tons stuffed down the sides too!

18. karenmc

karenmc PetForums VIP

I was just thinking if the Zoom had been this week instead of last I could have joined as we are off for half term. It would have been lovely to see everyone again. Hopefully next time.xx

Ellie&cats, Jason25 and JoanneF like this.
  19. karenmc

karenmc PetForums VIP

I'll pack her bag! Prepare to Sa goodbye to the brocolli, never be able to open a cheese wrapper without a shadow looming but on the upside you will get your bra or a sock (not necessarily your own!!) brought to you as you open your eyes in the morning!!

20. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Ha ha Sox can hear a cheese wrapper opening from miles away.

Ellie&cats, karenmc and JoanneF like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice