UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
Sounds dodgy - vacs are about £50 and registering is £12.

SO why would you do it? - because you hope everyone goes for the cheaper price as there is probably a problem - like they can't be registered. If kittens can be registered GCCF requires you to give the new owners a copy of the mating certificate so that they can register the kitten if they want. I bet that isn't offered.

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
now why anybody would want to scimp on vaccinations and registration i dont know, it doesnt cost much more anyway and its better for the kittens to be vaccinated and vet checked.
i bet the kittens are born by byb and they cant register so hoping somebody will buy them cheaper, personally i would want the full paperwork even for 350.

·
Registered
12,998 Posts
What breed are these kittens? At £350 they're not cheap and they must be something quite special to expect £500 if they were registered and vaccinated - especially as the breeder has already shown their true colours with this "1st offering".

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
BYB must be - if the breeder was registered they know they shouldn't let the kits go at 10 weeks and any pedigree won't be worth the paper it is written on. Walk away.

·
Registered
12,998 Posts
I'd guess at the typical story of someone who went into breeding without any thought for the costs. Could be a perfectly reasonable person who has realised they can't afford the vaccinations. I've known of supposedly 'respected' breeders who wouldn't have the money for vaccs without getting deposits in first. Times are hard and corners are being cut in all areas of life. There's no GCCF rule says kittens must be registered or vaccinated or any older than 10 weeks. Handing across a copy of the mating cert - oh yes, that one stands :)

·
Registered
611 Posts
That’s how much pedigrees normally cost with all for those bits!
Reminds me of a dog advert I saw for pedigree pups, £400 without papers and £800 with, I asked them why as it only costs £15 to register them, no answer?! :rolleyes:

I guess they are hoping that people will say 'no don’t worry we will do it ourselves' I bet if anyone asks to pay thr extra they will make a excuses, probably all moggies! :mad:

·
Registered
12,998 Posts
I guess they are hoping that people will say 'no don’t worry we will do it ourselves' I bet if anyone asks to pay thr extra they will make a excuses
The lack of registration doesn't bother me if they are registerable and the breeder does comply with all paperwork regs so owners can do it themselves. The costs for new owners paying the GCCF to register the cat directly in their own names are not that much more than they'd have to pay to transfer so not really a huge issue. It's the lack of first vaccination at 10 weeks which makes me think this is a cost issue for the breeder. Maybe their vet, like mine, charges up front for the whole course with kittens and it's the choice between that and paying the mortgage. Maybe something has happened, redundancy for example.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.