Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Uni people, writing a report for a non science subject?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GoldenShadow, Mar 27, 2011.

1. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

For one of my essays we have to do it in report format. Only kind of reports I'm used to are lab reports and the lecturer said don't go googling you don't want any reports like that :confused:

I emailed her over a week ago asking for clarification on this as I wouldn't be in the lecture and she hasn't even replied to my email with a come see me or we will discuss in lectures, she's just ignored it and she wants to see the bloody drafts on Thursday :mad:

Silly moo loads of people have complained about her. Anyone got any ideas on a vague outline for it? Its just a business type course and with case studies and comparing organisational behaviour/culture between them kind of a thing but I've no idea what I'm meant to do and am wary of just writing and going over the word count if I have to add in extra bits to make it a report...

2. Dante

Dante PetForums VIP

Just spotted this down the pile.

On my degree we do nothing BUT reports - I had to do one essay last semester and was beyond confused at what I was supposed to do! So used to putting everything under section headings I couldn't write one solid document of text lol.

I'm sure we've been given a guide on writing reports, if I can dig it out I could send it to you?

ETA: Just found it - Will PM you.

#2 Dante, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  3. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Have you got a tutor you can talk to about your concerns? If she's not given enough clarification then how can you be expected to be able to write the report the way she wants, the fact that it's not just a case of 1 person not understanding but several means she can't be doing a very good job of teaching

4. GoldenShadow

Ooh great thanks! :)

If I said lecturer I meant tutor, I contacted the tutor about it and got no response. The lecturer is lovely but doesn't do the individual work in tutorials and so she would say to ask the tutor who is hopeless. We have a couple lads who mess about in the whole two hour seminar on a Thurs morning and it doesn't my head in. Lots of us have complained about her on our survey thingies :(

5. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

I think this is the way you might have to go at the minute you know because I really don't think you're getting the help you deserve at all :(

xxxxxxxx

6. GoldenShadow

Its first year I can get away with 40% :eek:

I wont kick up a stink now but I will next term. We are meant to have personal tutors who we can go to but we haven't been told who they are. I was a January Starter and my uni don't seem to really give a crap about us :(

7. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Ask ask ask and ask again. You tend to find the communication in any establishment like that is appalling, even with the best intentions :eek:

Keep nagging until you get an answer etc (and because your work is marked blind it's fine :thumbup: )

Em
    xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice