Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Unfriendly goose?

Discussion in 'Bird Health and Nutrition' started by Wietse, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Wietse

Wietse PetForums Newbie

Hi, My name is Wietse, I'm 13 yearsold at the time of this post, I live in belgium and i have a question about my male and female goose, The female goose acts really weird lately, not as in breeding mood, I've witnessed what breeding mood is, So, I sit infront of the fence, oh i forgot, They live in our backyard we adopted them as babies 3 - 4 years ago. So, I sit infront of the fence about 40cm high btw and just sit there. The male is interested and charges at me first, then he calms down while i'm not moving, both the geese stand there for 5 - 10 minutes looking at me, the male doesn't pay as much attention as the female, with any movement i make she goes: "quack quack" so the male feels trethnend , and quacks along, while i just sit there until they calm down, a time had passed and the male just closes his eyes and bends his neck towards the fence, so i though, Maybe if i gently rub his forehead he will feel comforted, oh boy was i wrong, he gets up with the speed of light and attempted to strike me through the fence in my leg, so i move and they both walk away. My question is, How can i bond with my geese? Is there any solution to their behaviour? Thank you for reading

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice