Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Unexpected money, who would you spend it on?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SeaThreePeeO, Jul 14, 2009.

1. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

This afternoon I have just received through the door a cheque for £60 from the Council Tax Office. Apparently this is money they owe me due to a miscalculation on last year's bill.

I phoned my mother to tell her about my unexpected wind fall and as the cheque is made out in my name I said that I would spend it on something I liked. To which my mother answered, 'Oh, I know what you'll do, you'll spend it on your animals!'

Why is this such a bad thing? It my animals give me immense enjoyment and I love nothing more then buying stuff for them (DH is of my mother's thinking as well). In a way I see spending on my animals as spending on myself by proxy

So if you had an unexpected wind fall, I'm not talking thousands of pounds here, would you spend it on yourself or your animals

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

My animals. As they are in my care, then their needs will always come before mine.

Plus it makes me happy, so see them happy.

3. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

it would deff go on my animals :)

4. CatzEyes

CatzEyes PetForums VIP

Depending on how much I was to get I would spend it on my kids and my animals.

5. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

Hmmmm Think carefully before you spend it :D :D, I know your itching too, because i would be too, but, knowing my luck if i spent it thered be a bigger bill come just after i spent it lol, 60quid aint much these days is it, but if ya know ya ok and all bills paid for then go for it lol.
    Let us know what ya got :001_tt2: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

6. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

All bills are paid for this month. So it really is a licence to spend :D

7. rona

rona Guest

My dog wants for nothing, so it would probably go into general expenditure or a meal out

8. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

My OH :)
    much as I love my dogs , my OH works very hard, holding down two jobs , a day job and a night job all through the week (he's a workaholic and never happier than when he's working) He makes sure none of us , inc the dogs , goes without a thing

so no contest , Its him all the way in this case :D

9. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

i would prolly buy them some cat litter as its always something they need in lol as well as a crate of food. If they have all they need for the month when i get a bit of spare cash i often buy them a couple of new toys, or even some expensive treats. Then if there was like £10-£15 left i would buy a take away, if there was £40ish i would get myself and my OH a new top or something, and a take away if were lucky!

10. BigBearsRule

BigBearsRule PetForums Senior

I would probably put it towards a family day out. Especially with the summer holidays coming and the kids being off school. Never have too much money towards ice creams:001_tt2:

11. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Hi,

Well I think it would be the kids, take them on a special day out! The cats get more than enough from me to keep them happy.

Izzie

12. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Animals :D I got an extra £50 the other week so half of it went towards puppy and the other half I bought stuff for the animals.

13. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

If I needed something I'd buy for myself but usually I spend it on the house, the OH or the animals

14. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

Most likely give it to my mum, as she never spends anything on herself nowadays.
    But if it was between me and my animals i would pick my animals anyday!

15. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

What a kind girl you are:D. I'd send you some to take you and your mum out:D. and the rest on my kid's and dog's:D

16. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

Awhh chris! :D Thats kind of you!

17. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

we have saved up £1000 but its taken a LONG time! and we could put it towards wedding, house fund etc, but we thought knickers to it, we never treat ourselves, so we are going to meadow hall next month to get new clothes :)

It will be the 1st time in the 7 years together that we are going out together clothes shopping.....he might not survive! lol

18. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Your soooooooooooo nice remind us all how old you are;)

19. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

I'd go out for a nice meal for two. I buy so many things on impulse for the cats that i have to stop myself and limit it to food & cat litter.

20. Cuddypuppy

Cuddypuppy PetForums Member

I would spend it on plants, as I am in to gardening at the moment!! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice