Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

underweight piggie

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by trombone_fairy, Apr 3, 2011.

1. trombone_fairy

trombone_fairy PetForums Newbie

Hi guys.

My little piggie, Peppa, is really under weight. The vet says he is healthy and that he is just skinny! Nothing wrong with his teeth etc.

Was wondering what I could feed him to fatten him up a little. Or should I just leave him as he is??

Thanks

2. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Corn on the cob is nice and fattening for piggies.

What do you feed him in a day?

3. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

How old is he? Older guineas often loose weight as they age and it's difficult to pin point why sometimes ...

If he is a younger guinea, then to lose weight without good reason is worrying. Is he getting lot's of fresh veggies, spring greens are good. Guineas as you probably know need Vit C every day, too low and weight loss as well as poor general condition, swollen joints, can result.

4. Pets2luv.webs.com

Pets2luv.webs.com PetForums VIP

Do you have an outdoor run on some grass? That would be an idea for him they love eating fresh grass and gives him some fresh air and sunshine if you have good weather. :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice