Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Unbelieveable

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by harley bear, Apr 4, 2011.

1. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

2. nikki2009

nikki2009 PetForums VIP

i couldnt let my littlun go on a rollercoaster at the height she is now cause shes only tiny shes the size of a toddler

3. Whoever were involved allowing him on that ride needs locking up! That is sheer negligence!

4. harley bear

Totally agree surely parents have even a slight bit of common sense when it comes to their kids safety?

5. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

I dont think i read it but were the parents on the ride with him???

6. nikki2009

nikki2009 PetForums VIP

im probaly the over protective parent i wouldnt let her on a roller coaster untill shes alot older and i kn0w she will be ok on one :)

7. harley bear

It says he was on there with his twin im guessing if a parent had have been on there with them then they would have secured him back in the seat....if they wernt on there with him then they want shooting!

8. Lulus mum

Lulus mum PetForums VIP

The ride was called "the python pit"-does that sound like a good ride for a 3 yr old?
    The child was 3
    He was on there with his twin brother.
    My kids aged 3 were sometimes a bit scared
    My 2 kids were sometimes a bit scared of going on e.g a little train that went round and round-never leaving the ground

Cant help but think about the effect this will have on the twin and how will that affect him in later life?
    Should be some sort of test before people are allowed to call themselves "parents" as these people were definitely not what I would call parents
    Maureen

9. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

Thats what i was confused about, if the parents were on there then surely they would of been able to grab him etc and hold on to him.

If there were no parents on the ride that is absolutely terrible, i am having nightmares at the min about these rides, we are going away in june and are going to oakwood and my son loves them and wants to go on all the rides but i hate them and have panic attacks espeically when i am reading stories like this!!! :(:(:(:(

10. harley bear

That sort of thing worries me aswell but even tho i aint so keen on them i would be going on aswell to make sure they were safe until they were of an age where they were safe to go on their own.....about 25 lol

11. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

I know, i wont ever let my sons go on on there own, me or my husband will go on with them, i just hate them and reading things like this gives me proper panic attacks but i also dont want to ruin there holiday and enjoyment as they are so excited :(

12. harley bear

All this worry just means your a 'parent' with concerns for the safety of your kids nowt wrong with that! If only all parents were as concerned.

13. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

Thanks hun xx

14. harley bear

I freak out about leaving ki at playgroup or even leaving my kids at home with oh i just think that something will happen when im not there and they will need me .. really silly i know.

15. HelloKittyHannah

HelloKittyHannah PetForums VIP

This is the ride from what I can gather doing a bit of googling.
    YouTube - Tommi & Luke on a little rollercoaster
    Tbh it's hardly a "rollercoaster" and as you can see there are many little kids riding without parents.
    I don't think the parents are at fault here, I'd say this is just a tragic accident :( Little one probably wanted to sit with his twin but got scared and tried to climb off. Some kids can seem really up for doing something and then change their mind when it's too late. I wouldn't let my 4 year old on it because I know he'd get freaked out and cry but I'd let my 6 year old on it solo.
    If you're going to blame the parents, surely you could just as easily say the theme park is at fault? They should have an under 5's to be accompanied rule, the ride operator should have been watching the kids and stopped the ride sooner... Who is really to blame? Again, just a tragic accident :(

Sleep tight little one x

16. This is the impression I got when I read the article as it did say it was a childs ride. I wouldn't let my 3 nearly 4 year old daughter on it on her own as I think she would be scared and try to get off which is what may of happened with this little boy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice