Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

unbelievable all litter active

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by we love bsh's, Sep 1, 2013.

1. we love bsh's

we love bsh's PetForums VIP

2. Cosmills

Cosmills PetForums VIP

Now that is wrong .... A full litter active ... Nah .. Someone just wanting more money ... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

3. we love bsh's

And you can see what kind of people that will attract,so sad to see.

4. Cosmills

Cosmills PetForums VIP

Yes just like the person I had the other day .... So sad

5. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

I really hate this :mad:: I had a breeder email me the other day, she had just had her 1st & 2nd litters of ragdolls and never bred before. She didn't know the sex of any of them nor the colours or patterns or what either parents would produce.

BOTH litters ALL kittens forsale on active for extra £300 each :rolleyes: :mad:

I asked her why and to explain why they are good for breeding, she stopped replying to me, so my breeder friend emailed her advert and asked about good show/breed kitten and some questions, she didn't reply as she couldn't! She doesn't know anything!!

I mean you are lucky to get 1 kitten in the litter good enough for show/breed and that kitten is kept back by the breeder! You want to keep the best for yourself! :biggrin5:

You see it A lot in bengals, sadly that's why it has exploded with BYB, I had someone email me the other day and they were like 'I have never owned cats but I have emailed Siberian breeders, ragdolls, Persians and bengals as I want to start breeding' :confused: I spoke to them for 3days and after my last extremely in depth email he thanked me, said he had been totally stupid and is now buying a neutered pet kitten!! :)

I have a Bengal breeder near me, every litter he sells is £1,000 per kitten all on active, he studs out all his dogs to Any breed, also studs out his Bengal to Persians/moggies, also states any breed is welcome as long as £300 stud fee is paid upfront :mad: :(

So anyone looking at that advert is going to think 'bloody hell a grand per kitten! I know ill buy a cat on active breed it and get a grand per kitten!' So now there are SO many people doing that, there aren't any people left who just want a pet!!!! So when they don't get that money and they lose money, they sell them on for the next person to think the same thing!! :rolleyes:

It is flooded totally and utter flooded :(

6. we love bsh's

I agree.i heard alot of bengal breeders gave up as they cant compete with all the bkb's.

You would think people would be interested in genetics if they are breeding it annoys the hell out of me.

Yes also agree with how many will be breeding quality in a litter,defo not them all..:eek:

7. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Not impossible to have more than one in a litter worthy of showing/breeding, most still go to pets homes though, not sold as breeding cats to just anyone.

8. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

It looks as though the pedigree cat market is going the same way as the pedigree dog one.

BYBs and farmers churning out litter after litter from stressed, unhealthy-checked, badly-reared parents, not giving a damn about where they go or what is done with them. The government relay needs to legislate on this as it is cruel beyond measure. Of course, it isn't as exciting as bombing the Hell out of people in the far east, so they don't give a toss.

Suffering is suffering. Whether it's human or animal,and it would be easier to do something about this domestic cruelty.

Where do they find people to buy all of these animals? As someone remarked, the market is flooded - you'd think every family in Britain would be waist-deep in cats and dogs by now! Obviously people are treating pets as expendable - you get one, you get fed up, you get rid, you get another. Makes me mad.

9. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

How exactly? Should they make it illegal for any owner to allow their cat to have kittens? What penalties would you suggest? Community service? Large fines? Prison?

10. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

Death by suffocation in soiled cat litter.

11. munchkinpie

munchkinpie PetForums VIP

Why do the gccf allow this? Surely they can toughen up checks etc. such as no one can buy an active cat without "proving worthy" things like this really p*ss me off.

12. we love bsh's

apparently they can trawl he net looking at ads which don't state kittens are vaccinated etc and remove them,but leave these sort of irresponsible breeders ads up,i just fail to see the need for a full litter to be allowed to go active,iv seen the pics and one in particular doesn't look a good example at all.

13. munchkinpie

Exactly these idiots are not bettering the breed they are ruining it!! :mad: there should be strict rules, maybe a knowledge test before being allowed to buy an active cat. As for the all active litters the gccf need to clamp down on this, these bybs should be required to prove why these active kittens deserve to be active, many are very poor examples of the breed.

14. wicket

wicket PetForums VIP

Just playing devils advocate here but how can you call them BYBs when they are breeding and selling active registered cats? Or are we calling BYBs anyone who breeds for money whether registered or not ? I really do understand the need for only the best examples to be bred from , but when early neutering is the exception not the norm in this country is it not better for a cat to go "active" registered when is is just as likely to get bred from anyway? at least that way they are likely to use an active stud and hopefully be asked for health checks etc. Dont get me wrong I know it is totally irresponsible to sell a whole liitter as active, but where does the line get drawn, and who polices it?

I got into breeding because someone sold me an active registered cat probably for the extra money.Because she did I breed as responsibly as I can to the best of my ability to GCCF guidelines. now having had a bit of breeding experience it has opened other doors to me which has resulted in my gaining a proper mentor. I have a "friend" who breeds from "non active" registered BSH and it would have been very easy to follow her example. My main gripe with her it that kittens go at 8 weeks unvaccinated and the girls have at least 2 litters a year :(

I guess what Im trying to say is there will be people who abuse animals for money whether they be breeding registered or unregistered animals :(

15. we love bsh's

Hi wicket from my POV its not that i think the are byb's,just irresponsible breeders.

I can think of a few reason why not to reg a full litter active.Its not something i would do anyway.

I know what you mean by buying your 1st girl that was me too,looking back you see what you could have done different,i guess we all learn.:)

It must be hard for you to keep friends with a friend like that it would drive me crazy,not the unregistered part,the 2 litters a year part,its a struggle to get girls weight back on after 1 litter a year so god knows how she does it.

16. wicket

wicket PetForums VIP

I use "friend" in the loosest possible term, especially since I started breeding with a properly registered girl, I know she thinks I think I am above her which I dont. Her girls are so very very thin after their litters, when I asked why her answer was "they always look like that" :( :( . I know what you mean about weight, I am worried about my girl she is too thin for my liking - have had blood tests poop test etc vet is convinced the large litter (six) has knocked it out of her - I will see how she recovers when they go, but it may be her last litter as I dont want to see her this poor again :( Have started her on nutriment which she loves so hoping to see some improvement

17. we love bsh's

give her time wicket it does take a while to get the weight back onto them and it doesnt help if they keep calling,the winter months are probably the best time when you'l notice weight getting onto them as they tend to call less iv found.

id defo expect a skinny girl if having 2 litters a year.

18. wicket

wicket PetForums VIP

She does at least two litters a year each and she doesnt blood group either - I tried explaining to her a bout it but she didnt want to know - she has never had a problem so hopefully her boy is a B group. For her it simply is all about the money :(

But then I also know a reg breeder who also has two litters per year, as I was asked to view another website by some prospective kitten slaves - htis person used the same stud as me so I was surprised to see the same girl had had a litter in January as I know the stud owner is responsible and will only take girls once a yearish - what they must of done is used a different stud in January - the kittens were priced at £650 on non active register, all properly registered but to my mind at that price and 2 litters a year from the same girl for money.

19. munchkinpie

To me a BYB is someone who doesn't have the animals interest at heart ,unethically/overbreeds, doesn't follow correct codes of practice such as giving away to early, not vaccinating, someone who is in it for financial gain only.
    Irresponsible breeders are those who may have took on to much, had whoopsie litters, not done enough research before breeding, but still love their animals and learn from their mistakes

20. munchkinpie

Oh and the thing I hate most is those who breed non active cats!!! Total breach of trust !!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice