Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ultrasound Scan

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Martyn Pryke, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Martyn Pryke

Martyn Pryke PetForums Newbie

We breed our cockerpoo with a gorgeous Apricot cockerpoo, they had two good 20 min ties( day 10 & 12) and we had her scanned at 4 weeks. We felt that she was as we’d had mood change and morning sickness but needed it confirmed as the not knowing for sure was killing us. Lol the ultrasound scan was not the clearest and the man who did it said he could see 2 but struggled to find them, my question is has anyone else been told this and gone on to have more than 2.she was literally scanned dead on 4 weeks from first tie, but obviously could have been less than 4 weeks at the scan date. We’ve breed before with our jack Russel. She’s now 5 weeks and getting a tum on her , hopefully we get more than 2 pups.

2. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

I would say you perhaps had her scanned too early.

I would have a second scan.

How old is your bitch and on what days of her season was she mated? How old is the stud dog?

3. Martyn Pryke

Martyn Pryke PetForums Newbie

Stud dog is proven and had many successful matings. Our bitch is 18mths and seasons have been like clockwork. She was mated on day 10 and day 12, both good ties.. we’ve got another scan booked for this coming Friday which will be 6 weeks since first tie. Hopefully know more then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice