Ultimate Brexit Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MrsZee, Dec 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrsZee

MrsZee Guest

Let´s start a Brexit thread, which will remain open till it is all over and it will die peacefully from old age.
    If cats and dogs live peacefully together, surely we can have different opinions and live with that.

[​IMG]

2. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Commander of a tiny, furry army
    Staff Member

Nearly half an hour without a reply on a Brexit thread?!*

Has everyone gone to the pub or something?

*This reply doesn't count, I'm using my Jedi mind tricks to inform you that this reply doesn't exist

3. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip PetForums VIP

This shows the number of pf members who are not scared/ trusting that will not be closed yet again?:Hilarious:Locktopic:Muted:Sour:Blackeye:Punch

Zaros, noushka05 and MrsZee like this.
  4. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

@simplysardonic I didn't see it until you replied . :)

I think some of us will die , peacefully I hope, before this thread dies . :D

So , is this to be the only B thread or will others be allowed?

5. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

Can we not forget about brexit until the new year and enjoy Christmas without any bother, after all, there is nothing we can do about it

6. MrsZee

MrsZee Guest

No, we can´t forget about Brexit, but we don´t have to read or write about it, or even like anything others have written. It is a free world also not to follow this thread, so I wish you Happy Christmas already now, as we might not meet unti next year.

7. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier.

I think this is an excellent idea . Everything brexit all on one thread, instead of cluttering the forum up with hundreds of them:p

(I love that kitten Mrs Zee. So cute! & the dog of course)

JANICE199, Zaros, Sproglet and 3 others like this.
  8. cheekyscrip

But is any other htread touches on brexit - say Inflation, Election, Gibraltar - then it will be closed?
    Taboo game? If you want thread closed ; shout B****?

Zaros, MrsZee, Happy Paws and 2 others like this.
  9. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

I'm still not clear whether this is going to be the only Brexit thread or can we start others ?

We're not even discussing Brexit itself , and we're arguing already ,
    What are we like ! :Hilarious

PickleRoo, Lurcherlad, Zaros and 3 others like this.
  10. cheekyscrip

:Penguin
    This it the Ultimate brexit thread, where we discuss what could be discussed and where about Brexit....THE MOther of ALL Brexit Threads and spin offs...:Kiss

Zaros, MrsZee, kimthecat and 2 others like this.
  11. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

And a Merry Christmas to you and all who contribute to this thread because I will not be

12. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

But , but , but there will be many tangents and then the different arguments will be hard to follow . It will be too messy , like Brexit itself :D

MrsZee and cheekyscrip like this.
  13. cheekyscrip

lets put MOds on medicinal cannabis...and carry on Brexit....

JANICE199, Zaros and MrsZee like this.
  14. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

:Hilarious S*d the mods , lets keep the pot for ourselves . I think we're going to need it . :D

( no offence to our lovely mods meant ) :oops:

Zaros, MrsZee and cheekyscrip like this.
  15. cheekyscrip

ok, will share and add prosecco...
    your sofa or mine (still have it..not for long..)

MrsZee and kimthecat like this.
  16. MrsZee

MrsZee Guest

For those, who happened to miss any of the other Brexit threads, this is what has happened so far:

First there was a lot rumours about EU and it´s horrors. People lived in holes, were enslaved and guarded by dragons in the horrible EU-land. The rulers were bad, mad and evil, and so Britain decided to be free and become rich and mighty again, just the way it was 100 years ago. So people were asked, if they wanted to live in the evil EU land or be free in a rich country, where all were to become rich and young and beautiful. And so it happened that a bit more than 50% of the people said yes, we want to be free and rich and young and beautiful . There were, of course, some evil minded people saying that actually we already are rich and free and young and beautiful and dragons don´t even exist, but no one listened to them. They had after all seen pictures of dragons and read the stories so they knew better.

First the brave knights of Britain wanted to slay the dragons, but to their great suprise they could not find any. Maybe they fled when they heard the brave knights had come after them? But as they didn´t want to come back empty handed, they said the people that they had beaten them and no worry any more, Britain will be free.

Next the knights were sent to get the riches EU had robbed from Britain so that all could be rich in Britain too, and young and beautiful, (as in Britain they had this great organization called NHS, who could perform miracles, but because of those thieving EU people, it had lost all it´s money to perform the miracles).

So off they went, but again, they couldn´t find any treasure hidden anywhere in EU. They only found lots of little treasures, but as Britain already had more than it´s share, they didn´t want to destroy them. Meanwhile in Britain the biggest knight of them all was really lucky and stumbled across a big treasure. Feeling really generous, she gave all the treasure for her best new friend, who claimed to be so very very poor.

The knights got back with really suprising news. Not only was there still no sign of dragons, but the big treasure was nowhere to be found. Only lots and lots of small treasures, which people carried freely and many of them ended in Britain. Now that was big news, and very worrying for the other knights, as they started to feel something is wrong. "What if", they whispered, as they didn´t dare to say it outloud, "what if there never were any dragons or big treasures what were stolen from us in EU, what if all the stories they heard before the big decision were just not true, what then?"

Meanwhile more and more people had become more and more anxious, as they too started to hear rumours that there never had been dragons or big treasures, and they had been free all the time too.

So they knights had secret meetings and thought very long about it all, and decided that they really have no real knowledge about dragons or big treasures and they started to hesitate about the big decision too. They got especially worried about the little treasures ending in Britain, as they all realized that was a good thing.

What to do? Now that is the question we will be discussion for a long time. To brexit or not? In what terms if

17. MrsZee

MrsZee Guest

For me it is live and let other threads live too. As long as we can keep one thread open until it is all over and no one wants to say anything about Brexit anymore and this will have a peaceful ending. Then we can say that Brexit is dead and long live Brexit.

noushka05, kimthecat and cheekyscrip like this.
  18. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

Is there any point in another Brexit thread? Especially if the point in starting it is to use some analogy about knights, dragons and treasure, to yet again tell leavers they were stupid and uninformed?

Lurcherlad, Satori, Bisbow and 2 others like this.
  19. cheekyscrip

Yes.:).
    Not sure it said that, but I like stories.

Especially animal sort. With dragons, lemmings, sheep and Mighty Prince Charming over the water who will come across and deliver us ( from or to evil...depends on your interpretation).

MrsZee and Zaros like this.
  20. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

hello , I was wondering where you were . :)

cheekyscrip and Elles like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.