Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

UK 'must plan' for warmer future

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ava, Aug 7, 2009.

1. ava

ava PetForums VIP

I just have read in BBC News about that:
    Every part of the UK is likely to be wetter in winter and drier in summer, according to the projections...
    The UK needs to plan now for a future that will be hotter and bring greater extremes of flood and drought, says Environment Secretary Hilary Benn.
    Have anybody noticed some changes in UK weather?

2. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Ive notice how quickly it changes... sunny morning, wet afternoon, sunny night... but this is Scotland haha :p cant expect a better summer lol

Nah I have noticed its been really suprisingly hot here.

3. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

They have been saying stuff like this for years but I have noticed that the weather never does what is predicted by the experts :D it is it's own woman lol

4. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Thats true :D lol

5. bird

bird PetForums VIP

So we're having drier summers are we, have these weather men looked out the window, sorry but mother nature throws up these flutuations every now (I know we're not helping the situation but MN is doing most of it herself) and then we are supposed to be dry and hot but we're wet and cool :rolleyes:

6. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

We do seem to get milder winters, but unfortunately the summers are wet and windy, with just the occasional few hot days.

7. ava

ava PetForums VIP

About prediction you are right - it is everywhere, not just in UK. :)
    Thank you everybody for answers. It was interesting to know real picture.

8. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

People of my age, in their 40s, in Scotland must have noticed a huge difference in the weather.

When I was a kid our summers in Glasgow (west coast) were hot and our winters meant a good few inches of snow that lasted for a good few months.

Winters here now are much milder, it snows about 2 cms and the city panics. The simmers in Glasgow are hideous, seriously, the worst maybe apart from London Tubes, alht6ough Glasgow buses have got to be right up there.

One of the biggest differences is the amount of wind there is. It howls a gale pretty much all year round!

I now live in Moray, we have fab weather here, super hot though for Scotland!

9. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

drier summers and wetting winters?? i think they have got their wires crossed, i dont remember too much rain in the winter, but its been crazy in the summer these past few years lol

it is warmer though, i will give them 1 point for that one.

10. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

I think its just wishfull thinking on the scientists point of view lol, and ours i guess!

Gone are the days when we used to enjoy our lazy summer nights out till 11am palying in the back garden in our trailer tent lol, we had some fab times, oh for the summer of 76 again it was great :smilewinkgrin:

11. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

i'm ten years younger and know exactly what your on about...

Aberdeen was the same, ace winters, hot summers, proper seasons! but with the usual scottish weather sprites throwing in a week or so of snow mid summer every so often lol. now there is little distinction between seasons.

I am enjoying the cooler summers down in oxfordshire though... i hate the heat and despise anything past 18 degrees C. 15 is preferred, 10 is still tshirt and shorts, and 5 is when i think about getting a jumper out the cupboard.

long may the mild SUMMERS reign. :001_tt2: could do with some proper snow tho, that last lot was rubbish.. dunno what everyone was harping on about, there wasn't that much, certainly not enough to close london down.. wimps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice