Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

UK danger to pets warning

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Alexhannah, May 18, 2018.

1. Alexhannah

Alexhannah PetForums Member

Hi I don't know who is in charge of sticky threads but I think it would be a really good idea for there to be a sticky regarding the uk cat/animal killer case in order to spread the word and make as many pet owners as possible aware of the case. IMG_5172.JPG

Alison Campbell12 and Babyshoes like this.
  2. Brambles the cat

Brambles the cat PetForums Senior

Hi not sure who does that .but I remember doing a thread about this last year .I think a lot of pet owners know about the cat killer or as it could be one person or more than one doing these horrible crimes .I did read somewhere where it was happening that people were still letting there cats out as they couldn't keep them in .if that was me my brambles wouldn't be allowed out I'm lucky as she stays in all night and doesn't wander in the day. she stays close to me .i couldn't take the chance if something happened to her .I am supprised with all the cctv everywhere there isn't no video evidence.

Alison Campbell12 likes this.
  3. Ceiling Kitty

Ceiling Kitty Hides away from much through humour...

chillminx, vivien and SusieRainbow like this.
  4. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

I have put this as a sticky

5. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

Yes I keep reading about this on FB. I have shared this on here too. I also cannot understand how whoever is doing this hasn’t been caught. He/she has to be lucky all the time. The police only have to be lucky once. Let’s all hope they get lucky soon.

Viv xx

jocat and Alison Campbell12 like this.
  6. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

@lymorelynn - as well as making this topic a 'sticky', suggest maybe changing the title to something more appropriate to the subject ??:)

lymorelynn likes this.
  7. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Thank you - I hadn't noticed the title :oops:

8. MissMiloKitty

MissMiloKitty PetForums VIP

He's been going at it for years now. Why can't they catch him? He is seriously deranged and a danger to all life, not just cats and not just Croydon. Like serial killers of people, he won't stop until he's forced to stop and will travel to other areas. He is believed to be behind 450 murders and has travelled as far as Manchester.
    I assume it's a "he" because of the nature of the killings and level of depravity involved. It could be a gang of people. Whoever it is hates cats and I don't know if he wants to scare us into keeping cats indoors or whether he is aroused by the torture and murder of them. My cat is indoor only and when I read about cases like this, I am so relieved that she doesn't go out, Manchester is less than 30 miles from here.

#8 MissMiloKitty, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
  9. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

A man baring a markedly similar description has been seen twice now trying to take cats. The second occasion was fairly recently.

Alison Campbell12 likes this.
  10. MissMiloKitty

11. MissMiloKitty

12. LostSoul

LostSoul PetForums VIP

2 cats and a fox cub have been found killed just a mile or so away from my home recently,

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/three-animals-found-mutilated-182739/

i don't understand how no one sees anything. My cats are indoors only but so many around here aren't, i keep telling people about the killings and keep being told im paranoid or they've never heard about it, even though it has been on the news and in the papers...i can't see it being one person though , the area is too wide spread.
    Just a week or so ago on a local fb group there was a story about a teenage girl in the next town to mine who saw a man pick up their cat from in front of their house and put it in a duffle bag, she gave chase and he threw the cat at her, they didn't give much information ,he was described as white, blonde, average build but as far as i know the police did nothing..

#12 LostSoul, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  13. Tigerblue

Tigerblue PetForums Newbie

If I actually said what I feel about this person, I'm sure everyone here would agree but I guess it would be deleted.

Pollypudding and Babyshoes like this.
  14. Ceiling Kitty

Ceiling Kitty Hides away from much through humour...

Might be more than one person.

15. ExD

ExD PetForums Senior

I imagine there are some 'copy cat' killers by now, but whoever is doing this must be working very late at night or very early in the morning.
    Have you ever seen a door shredded by an outdoor cat trying to get outdoors? I wish I'd taken a photo of mine, true demolition experts my cats - the insurance company wouldn'y entertain a claim - said I should keep my cats under control.
    All the same, even though Iive in the country I'm glad my cats are getting old and not that keen on going out at night.

16. MissMiloKitty

A cat that's used to going out may not be able to cope with being kept in. If it's meowing all night and scratching the door down then there is a big problem. Very awkward situation.

17. Brambles the cat

Brambles the cat PetForums Senior

Have to say brambles was a stray and I managed to get her to stay in every night and I've had her for four years .it all came down to having interaction with her playing with her and basically fussing her and she did the meowing at the door back and two but she's ok now .she still tries it now and then but she knows my willpower is stronger than hers .lol I don't think im being cruel not to let her out .well I hope not but nightime is a no for her to many dangers plus there's people who don't like cats where I live .cats can be trained to a certain point so I would definitely not let any cat out where someone is killing in that area .I would try my hardest to get them to stay in .better that than finding my beloved pet dead next day .but I understand it's not easy I've just had an hour of brambles doing my head in wanting to go out .in the end she's on her tree asleep now .

18. Sophisticat

Sophisticat Soph,Fuzz and Princess paws

Feel like going all Sherlock Holmes now....how can someone get away with all that......

In general wonder if there' a catnapping trade where cats are used for bait/food for dogs? I also wonder if people in poverty take cats....I read that some family have taken swans from parks for food!!!! The world is truly crazy.

I am so never letting my cats free roam.......

19. DCKS111

DCKS111 PetForums Newbie

Whoever this dirtbag is, causing immense suffering to animals and their owners, I hope when they are caught by the police and brought to court, that the Judge does not merely issue a slap on the wrist and gives them a lengthy sentence.

It's been proven in psychological literature, that people like this with psychopathic tendencies towards animals often pose a threat to human society as well.

20. maisiecat

maisiecat PetForums VIP

It 'might' be more than one person but SNARL don't seem to think it is. I have been following it for a long time now, and have spoken to Tony regarding one issue. Have posted many times in the forum in the hope that people would realise that it is all over the UK and their pets are at risk, not just cats.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice