Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

UK Advice with working with dogs and online courses

Discussion in 'Animal Jobs & Working with Animals' started by CharlieDobe, Oct 23, 2019.

1. CharlieDobe

CharlieDobe PetForums Newbie

Hi all!
    I was looking for advice in what qualifications would be best for working in kennels or dog day care, leading onto dog training or working with rescues? I currently have a Level 2 Ofqual award in canine care and behaviour and I have the option to move onto Level 3 that consists of 7 units but is quite pricey and will take longer to save for, I recently looked into a Level 3 in canine psychology with Animal Care College which is significantly cheaper but only consists of 4 units and I also have also looked into doing a two day IMDT course which has a practical day which I think might be really useful, was wondering if anyone had any experience with these boards, which could be best and whether their would be much repetition between the two courses

Taeger2002 likes this.
  2. Taeger2002

Taeger2002 PetForums Newbie

Im in the same boat. I have looked at a variety of online courses. the cheaper ones like coursemix and oplex careers dont seem to be much good. im glad to see the center of excellance has now improved its qualifications and has an ABC award certificate which is registered with ofqual as far as i can tell. The bsy group have some interesting courses also and openstudycollege . com and learn direct have sparked my interest but im not sure on the quality of the qualifications for the money. id be interested to know what courses you have found and if any are worth doing.

3. Lisa Evenden

Lisa Evenden PetForums Newbie

I've done Oplex and Coursemix courses for.other topics. They are very basic so.woikdn't recommend.if you want.something in depth.

4. Taeger2002

Taeger2002 PetForums Newbie

Animal courses direct seem a good way to go...

5. CharlieDobe

CharlieDobe PetForums Newbie

Thanks for the interest and advice, went with Animal Care College in the end which is pretty extensive and am enjoying so far, I’m working part time at a kennels now so I’m hoping the extra qualification will help me progress!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice