Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Uhhhohhh.... gerbil question, Marcia are you out there???

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Maiisiku, May 25, 2010.

1. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

I've had my gerbils just over a year.... ummm one of them is obsessivly humping the other... they were ment to be females and I sexed them and they both looked like females.... how did Cires grow man parts??? Looks like I might have babies to rehome soon :(

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Marcia hasnt been on for a while:(. Gerbil babies :D, ooops I mean how terrible for you, but :D too, I love baby gerbils.

3. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

Aww :( Ummmm yeah... um how terriable for me... lalalala well hubby won't be able to tell me I can't keep one or two since I now have to seperate mum and dad :( Can't admit I'm too sad about the prospect of babies but I am upset that I'll have to seperate them as they have been together for a year :(

4. thedogsmother

I hated seperating my little mouse family when I found out Nobby was a boy, at least he might be able to live with his sons since gerbils are sociable.

5. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

Yeah... only thing is I can't even tell I mean I saw Cires on top of Sakura but I can't see any parts that are male they look female to me... Cires must have very small man parts...

6. thedogsmother

Female rats do that to other females, its a dominance thing, could it just be that?

7. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

Maybe thats why I'm confused because I was so sure they were girls until they were humping :blush2: It just seems strange that this is the first time I've seen it in a year.
    Edit: Sure I'll find out if babies start popping out left right and center.

#7 Maiisiku, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
  8. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I was gonna say, it's strange that they've been together for so long and haven't had babies yet!

found this on a gerbil website:

and this on egerbil:

hope that helped :)

9. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

Thanks, reasurance is good!! I really couldn't keep the babies and I would feel awful if I had to seperate them!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice