Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Uh oh i really hope he's not serious.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by ad_1980, Jul 9, 2009.

1. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Ok so you all know my cousins are getting a toy poodle puppy in a few weeks time.

My uncle, aunt and the girls went to see them on Tuesday - and have posted me pics...now i'm not sure if my uncle is being serious or not but he quotes 'went to see puppies today, so adorable. Maybe we should buy them both'.

I'm sitting here shaking my head hoping to god he's not serious!

2. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

Me to i would not dream of taking both of them

3. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

i know! it'll be twice the work for them esp as new dog owners! I feel like asking him if he's serious but i don't want to sound like the interfering hag! Wonder if i should post a new copy of 'The Perfect puppy' to them lol!

4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Would you not be able to explain to them abit about the troubles the pups will grow up with and the trouble they will have training them!? Or they not likely to listen!
    I hope there joking as imo two dogs from the same litter grow up to depend on each other witch isnt the best thing!

5. poochimama

poochimama PetForums Senior

Jeeeeez id not get two together ever again lol im sure my archie and mads were trying to drive me mad everytime i tried to get one to do things im sure the other discouraged ...lil devils
    def harder work bringing 2 in at same time ARE THEY MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

6. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

I know! i really hope they're not serious!

7. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

About 20 years ago I really wanted a lurcher puppy, I had been training working lurchers for years and wanted one of my own, when I went to pick the pup up I found her in a sorry state and hiding behind a chair was her sister, they were the only two pups left out of a litter of 12, the house was covered in dog poo and the pups had massive pot bellies, smelled really bad and were covered in fleas,

I bought both of them without even thinking about it, when I got home my ex OH went mad hahahaa

those two were wonderful dogs, they listened to everything I said and were both really easy to train :)

what I am saying is that sometimes it works out ok x

8. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

I am getting quite good at killing threads lol

9. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I think a copy of this book should be in every puppy pack.

See its not quite dead yet:D.

10. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

My friend went to see a litter of white gsd pups with the intention of getting of getting one and came home with two...
    two pups, she wasn't allowed to meet the mother, they were being fed tesco dog food, and were told firstly they were family pets that were accidentally mated, then were told the woman was infact a breeder!

I'd have walked away, not taken 2 of them!

11. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

:D lol x not quite x

12. CatzEyes

CatzEyes PetForums VIP

Wow two pups at the same time. That is a little nuts if you ask me. It is alot of work to train one pup let alone two at the same time. Hope they seriously think on the decision before making up their minds.

13. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

Exactly :) I still have two pups here and they are both as good as gold, both sit when asked, come when called both are fully house trained (even though I didn't exactly train them, I think mum did) and both of them can climb the stairs to bed :D

I am not sure of the downside yet but will keep you posted lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice