Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ugh turn off the waterworks...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Argent, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Been thinking about joining in the Cancer Research UK's Race For Life this year and I'm trying to read about the fundraising ideas and training etc and I can't stop crying because I lost my nan to cancer when I was about 12-13.

She was like a second mum to me, she was my hero, and I keep getting overwhelmed by the idea of actually pushing myself to do something great in her memory...ugh even typing this I can't stop crying >.< Need to pull it together...I had no idea I still felt so raw about it...this was nearly 10 years ago!

Also, it just so happened to be the anniversary of her death on 27th March...the day I just decided out of the blue to make some scones that reminded me of her - my mum didn't tell me til later on!

2. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

((((((Argent))))))

You can do it, your Nan will be so proud and will be right with you through it. I have lost too many friends and family to cancer and right now my Uncle is in end stage :( You are doing an amazing thing.

3. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Ohhhhh you've set me off again you lovely thing!!! >.<

I think I do want to do it...not sure how I'll be able to train but I've got a decent list of fundraising ideas going :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice