Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

typos and spelling

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by davehyde, Jul 27, 2009.

1. davehyde

davehyde Banned

i was just thinking about typos and spelling. sometimes they are better than the original word.

i just read a post quoting the so called experts and it read expets instead.

thought it was quite good lol.

also another one i like tho not a typo or error really is dire-rear. so succinctly appropriate lol.

anyone else got any good or funny typos they have seen.

2. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

I remember a guy on another forum asked if he had dyslexia, And in the thread he spelt "Dyslexia" three different ways, So we all told him he probaly did....

3. Oblada

Oblada Guest

Spelling mistake/grammar error can annoy the hell out of me to be honest - basic obvious things like bare instead of bear (as in "I cant "bare" it anymore".. it is funny actually ;)), their instead of they're, dose instead of does (when not a typo..), moveing instead of moving (and similar), brought instead of bought... A cousin of mine is dyslexic and spells way better than a lot of people I have to deal with every day!
    And fancy things like shawly instead of surely...

Typos I dont care much...(life is short ;))

But it does make me laugh when someone writes "spade" instead of "spayed" (i can help but imagine the bitch being chased by the owner holding up a spade..sorry :D)

#3 Oblada, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2009
  4. RowanWolf

RowanWolf PetForums Member

Text speak annoys me but I'm a gamer so I have to put up with it a lot lol
    I'm really bad with typos sometimes as my mind works faster than my fingers can these days ;)

5. sammyben

sammyben Guest

LOL, not so much typos but bad grammar is something that I pick up on alot. My hubby is always using of instead of off and to instead of too and various different things. He always tells me to bugger off cos I am constantly correcting him!! :D

6. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

As the daughter of two primary school teachers bad grammar annoys me too. I can't believe how many "professionally" written signs now have blatant mistakes in them.
    I try not to pick up anything on forums because I know it can be annoying to other members but I still inwardly wince when I read mistakes.
    My spelling can be distinctly dodgy at times, especially when I'm rushing but I usually remember to spell check!:D

#6 Bex190, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  7. kristy

kristy PetForums Member

i will hide in this thread:cool: my spelling is awfull:blush2::eek:hmy: and i still spell words as they sound rather than how they should be spelt...im great at maths though....lol:D

8. kenla210

kenla210 PetForums Senior

LOL there are some funny ones about. My spelling in real life isn't bad but I often come on here via my iPhone leaving me at the mercy of predictive text. It always puts nibble instead of kibble which seems appropriate and makes me smile ;)

9. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

My spelling isn't fantastic when I'm typing so my posts tend to be edited a few times when I realise I've got it wrong.

10. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

I like adverts that say bread instead of bred, especially when its a purebread dog lol :D or when they can't spell the breed of dog they own.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice