Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Two Scottish Cats in England (part 2)

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by egyptianreggae, Jun 3, 2014.

1. egyptianreggae

egyptianreggae PetForums VIP

Hello! Tiny and Simba have now been residents of England for two weeks, and I must say, they're taking to it very well. Simba is happy as long as he has my undivided attention, which has earned him the unfortunate soubriquet of Petty, Jealous Cat, or PJC for short. When I was stroking Tiny earlier on, he pointedly inserted himself between us, walked up and down and then sat with his back to us. I also accidentally kicked him off the bed the other day, he stalked off with his tail in the air, very offended, and I called out, "oh no, Simba, darling, I'm sorry! I didn't mean it! Oh Simba, come back!" And he did come back! Also, my mum walked in on him using the litter tray the other day and said she felt like she'd walked in on an old lady using the toilet in Marks and Spencer's :eek: He does a very good line in offended dignity, does my Simba.

Tiny is a revelation. I've never seen him happier. He loves the extra space, the stairs, the hall runner that can be chased up and down. He spends a lot of time sprawled on my bed, blinking contentedly and generally rejoicing in being a large, handsome tabby and white cat who is almost universally admired. And he loves my mum. They've formed a mutual appreciation society that's really heartwarming to see. My mum has always loved tabby cats, and she sees him as a kindred spirit (she says they're both social phobics!) whenever he sees her, he immediately flops down on his side and waves his paws in the air so she can tickle his stomach. Such behaviour has led to my dad labelling him as shallow. He thinks Simba feels things on a deeper level. But Tiny's got his eye on my dad's place in my mum's affections. He even broke into their bedroom at 5am this week...

Tiny has also taken to conveying messages through my mum. Often, she'll come downstairs and say, "Tiny's bored. He wants to play." He'll even let her tickle his paws. All four of them! I never thought I'd see him in such a relaxed, sunny mood. He had roast chicken for the first time the other day and it turned him into a monster, but a very funny and lovable monster.

Here are some photos from the first two weeks... I don't know how Simba got up there, either, or how he managed to get down!

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

It sounds as if they have their paws under the table and your parents wrapped around them :D
    So pleased to hear that they have settled in so well and hope that you are doing so too :)

3. CoCoTrio

CoCoTrio PetForums VIP

Be sure they never lose their lovely Scots burr! :)

4. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

Glad they are settling in down south it's always lovely to hear news of the gorgeous Simba and Tiny, you paint such a vivid picture of their personalities :D

5. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

aww i love the new chapter , your parents sound adorrrrrrrrrrrable , im homesick now , lovely lovely pics , very happy for you all :)

6. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Great to hear things are going so well ER and all 3 of you are settling in darn Sarf!:D

Gorgeous pics of your two handsome bonny boys! :001_wub:

7. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Glad they are settling in so well, they look very happy. It's a well known fact with us southerners that being down here is good for your health, obviously Tiny and Simba know that. ;)

8. MollyMilo

MollyMilo PetForums VIP

Oh how relaxed do your boys look!! So chilled out, southern life suits them! :thumbsup:

9. Gwen9244

Gwen9244 PetForums VIP

They both looked so happy and relaxed, although I am not surprised when they have got you and your Mum and Dad wrapped around their paws. Glad that the move went well!

10. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Have they realised they can no longer send people out for supplies from the shops after 4pm on a Sunday?

(always catches me when I visit England!)

11. egyptianreggae

Funnily enough, Tiny has used his higher register the whole time since he's been down south, and has been doing ingratiating "I'm a cute, helpless kitten" mews constantly. My dad keeps saying, "what a funny little mew for such a big cat!" and I keep saying, "he can do far deeper miaows, he's got a good range and he's very versatile!" As long as he keeps miaowing, I know he's ok. I only worry about him when he goes quiet!

12. egyptianreggae

I nearly got caught out by that the other week! I thought that after almost ten years away, England would have sorted that out by now, but no!

13. egyptianreggae

Speaking of "under the table," Simba, in a particularly PJC moment, sat on one of the dining room chairs, neatly tucked under the table, and provoked a frantic, tearful search until he was discovered. I was out at the time, but my poor mum...

14. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

Love the updates! You have such a way with words. Now, how did I miss part 1? Must go find that!

15. egyptianreggae

16. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

Sooooo pleased your gorgeous boys have settled in so well, they look very relaxed and seem to have you mum and dad well and truly under their paws :D

17. Joy84

Joy84 PetForums VIP

Aww, glad to hear you're all settling in well and the boys enjoy having Grandma & Grandpa around to spoil them :D

18. alixtaylor

alixtaylor PetForums VIP

They look completely relaxed already, so lovely to see! I hope you're just as settled in as well :)

19. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice