Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Two poorly Labs here tonight

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Thorne, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Thorne

Thorne PetForums VIP

My two have been through the wars today bless them.

Scooter is limping on a front leg after slipping during a mad moment in the garden yesterday. He didn't limp initially but has been since this morning and is doing so after lying down. I'm fairly confident he's just pulled a muscle as there's no heat or swelling, plus I can feel and gently manipulate the leg without any signs of pain or discomfort. Stiffness seems to be the problem but will have to see how he is in the morning.

Little Breeze has had a lump removed from her leg today (the same one that Scooter's hurt, there's some synchronised limping going on!). After our Welsh Collie developed lumps that turned out to be malignant we've had it operated on and asked for an analysis just in case.
    She spent all evening being very, very out of it from the anaesthetic and I'm concerned because she hasn't drank anything or pee'd yet :s. She has her biscuits soaked anyway so I put some extra water in which she lapped up but otherwise she's shown no interest.

They both seem settled now, Breezey's wearing a towel around her neck to avoid the buster collar and I don't think she's best pleased; would rather be plucking her stitches out think! Crossing my fingers she'll pee when I let them out again at 1.
    Scooter is quite bright considering he's hobbling but Breeze has been rather lost and nervy tonight. Hope she's back to her cheeky self soon, I hate seeing her like this :(

Esme x

#1 Thorne, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  2. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

Ah bless them I hope they feel better soon

3. shells

shells PetForums VIP

aww love them i hope there both better today xx

4. Thorne

Thorne PetForums VIP

Thanks guys :)

Scooter limped a tiny bit first thing but hasn't done so noticably since so I'm sure he'll be right as rain in no time.

Breeze still isn't herself and still isn't drinking willingly :( They've got 24hr access to water but she doesn't seem interested, I ended up giving her a bit of milk earlier so I knew she'd had something. She did manage to get at the wound tonight so we're trying towel-collar mark 2 now, she's still not impressed!

5. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

I'm glad Scooter is feeling better and hope Breeze will start to feel better today;)

6. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

Sorry about yesterday.

How are they all this morning? Any improvement? :smile:

7. Thorne

Thorne PetForums VIP

Lots of improvement, thank you!
    No limping from Scoo at all today and Breeze is much, much brighter. The wound is looking quite good too :D
    They've been rolling around in the garden all day so far and are about to have a short walk (else Scooter will inevitably come back hobbling, he doesn't do himself any favours!).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice