Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Two police officers caught speeding...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JANICE199, Nov 12, 2010.

1. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

2. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Agree Jan should be treated just the same as everyone

3. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Ofc they should be treated the same and usually are when it comes to that kinda thing.

4. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

they should of got points too I think.

5. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

Put them on a desk job, they obviously can't be trusted to drive safely.

6. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

Course they should be treated the same.

I once made an almost citizens arrest on a coppa driving. He drove passed me on a dual carriageway doing about 85mph, no lights, no sirens. So I followed him until he went off on a slip road, so I flashed my lights and asked him to pull over, he did. I asked for his badge number and said I am reporting him for speeding! You should have seen his face, he was so embarassed!!

I also got stopped once for having one of my rear lights out, he was about to give me a ticket when i politely told him it is against the law to drive with your fog lights on when there is no fog, he soon let me off! :lol:

7. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

Hehehe, good for you! I was driving with my fogs on once, kept getting flashed with 'FOG OFF' by a policeman :eek: I was adamant they were off. He was nice and young so he let me off, phew! Karma for all the tail-gating and sometimes abuse I put up with off speeders who are act like Jack Bauer on a mission when they're only going to Sainsburys! :rolleyes:

8. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

they have been banned though, even if for a short time, they pleaded guilty so got a 'lesser sentance' and had to pay quite a hefty fine.

there is nothing in the article to suggest they were driving dangerously, just over the speed limit. remember they are trained to a high standard to drive safely at speed, so while it was unwarranted on this occassion, it wasn't necessarily dangerous driving. i think they got enough considering.

piggybaker likes this.
  9. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Considering what?:confused:
    They were doing speeds up to 102 mph and they got 28 days ban and a stupid fine.I wonder how many people they have stopped for driving far less,that have lost their jobs and their licences.Police should be there to uphold the law,not have one set of rules for themselves and another for the rest of us.:(

10. gorgeous

gorgeous PetForums VIP

What do you mean 'just over the speed limit?'. The fact they were driving at 102 mph is dangerous enough on our roads -they are not a formula one race track!

The speed limit is there for a reason - and they as the Police should be setting an example.

11. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

they were at work going to a call (not the shops for lunch like some coppers i've seen speeding), ok it wasn't an emergency and they didn't have their flashers on but still driving fast during work for work.

it was a low traffic day, how many no police tonners have gone past you on a high traffic day? i see it almost daily, and most of them don't have the cars or the training to deal with the problems or consequences, or a second police qualified driver on the look out for problems.

they weren't driving dangerously, just over the speed limit.. as in they were only over it and not doing any other sort of 'crime', not numerically speaking as you've taken it.

as i said, unlike most of us they have extremely high levels of driving training for driving at speed, and yes while they were not on an emergency call there were two of the in the car (how many of us that speed can say they had 2 expert drivers in the car at the time of their speeding?). the motor way is the safest place to speed if you're going to do it anywhere (as said by many a copper i know).

put it this way, if they were going 80 their copper friend wouldn't even have bothered with them, the only reason they were 'caught' is they were doing over 100. given that they were going to arrest some scally, have been banned for a month, been given a fine and have had their names plastered over the news and probably been given a black note on their employment sheet (which will go toward a decision for any further incursions) then i think 'considering' they've been dealt with ok. plus their passengers were also brought up for not doing anything about it.

i don't agree with them doing what they did, but they've been caught, fined etc, all pled guilty instead of trying to worm their way out of it so admitting their guilt and stupidity, they probably won't do it again, so matter closed as far as i'm concerned.

12. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

I agree that they have been caught and they admitted it etc but just supposing they had knocked a child over?? what then? would it still just be a case of oh well they admitted it and have been punished etc - a serious accident could well have happened - I know its hypothosis but at the end of the day they are supposed to set an example even if it was within work.

13. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Thing is Suzy the same rules wouldn't apply if that was you or me.I can't stand double standards.If we can't look to the police as an example then who do we look to?

14. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

True hun - but its always the same they get away lightly with stuff :rolleyes: wrong I agree.

15. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I think its reassuring that the other coppers reported them and they then pleaded guilty. Its certainly good enough for me, esp when you consider that suspending them would cost the tax payers a small fortune and affect the rest of the local piggies.:rolleyes:

16. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

I would be extremly worried if I saw a child on a motorway! :rolleyes: :D

17. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Stranger things have happend! and they could have been in a car:p;) Im just saying that it COULD have been worse than what it was;)

18. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

they were on a motorway so abit unlikely.
    i know what you're getting at but the legal system can't work on 'suppose..'.

I'd never use coppers driving as an example, i think 90% of them are the worst drivers in britain and that's due to my many years of watching them do it WRONG!!! i'm nae perfect but... i'm not as bad as them. ;)

19. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Agree with that one ;)

20. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

Quality! :thumbup:

ban the buggers imo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice