Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Two police dogs die in parked car

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fleur, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

2. Bl**dy idiots"!!! this is the second time this has happened of late!
    They need prosecuting!
    RIP poor dogs!

3. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

They do need prosecuting. That's animal neglect.

I was walking out of Morrissons the other day, noticed a car parked up with it's windows open about 3 inches. I thought this can only mean one thing.

Peered inside and 2 cockers are sat panting away.

I dashed back inside and told they lady behind customer services, who was really angry, took the reg and put a message out on the tonoy (sp?)

Poor things.

4. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

This makes me so angry.:mad: :mad: :mad:
    Perhaps they should shut the people who did this to those poor dogs in a hot car and see how they suffer.:mad:

5. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

This is awful, they keep preaching the law to everyone else and dont follow the rules themselves! Those poor lovely dogs!

They should be prosecuted and punished and even lose there dog handling privelidges!

6. rona

rona Guest

Nothing much you can say to this except
    :cursing::cursing: :mad: :mad:

7. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I agree with this! Although I don't know that if this was to happen to an 'ordinary' person that they would be prosecuted, but I definately think they should be demoted from being dog handlers, it's basic knowledge not to leave a dog in a hot car :cursing:

8. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

dog-cop cars usually have separate A/C and/or airflow for the dogs so it's quite unusual for them to be left without it running.

doesn't happen very often for the cops i have to say, when's the last time you heard of this happening to them compared to joe public?
    accidents happen and so far it is an accident not an incident (unlike most public dog car deaths, 99% of which could be prevented).

9. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Perhaps the police officer was not in the dog van at the time - it said he was off duty so maybe he had his dogs in his ordinary car :(

but either way, they shouldn't have been there.

10. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

my oh told me this not to long ago and it struck his attenction because he's got to go up to sherwood lodge next week.

It's shocking its happened and its sad :(

my OH thinks the officer might have been taking them home and had to nip back in for something.

R.I.P Poor dogs :(

11. mad_springer_woman

mad_springer_woman PetForums Junior

I was driving home lunchtime listtening to Radio 2 (or "old FM" as my daughter calls it!) and the death of the police dogs was being discussed. Although many were saying how terrible it was, I was amazed (and horrified) at the number of people who were NOT sympathetic and compared it with the death of soldiers in action etc (in that people were more concerned over mere dogs when people are dying) and that there were ONLY dogs after all:mad:! Someone even described the police dogs as "only tools of the trade"!!!!:cursing:

12. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

How bloody irresponsible... charges of neglect should be brought!

:mad:

13. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

How can they compare it with deaths of soldiers in action? the dogs weren't working at the time..so they weren't KIA, blatantly whoever said that has no knowledge of the armed forces.. morons.

bet the handler was gutted when he found them :(

14. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

I agree that this is disgusting and a police officer should be more responsible and intelligent enough to know not to leave them there.

However I was speaking to my dad about the matter earlier (He is a police officer) He said that to cut costs there are now no facilities for police dogs at most stations.

I would never leave my dog in any car on a hot day and neither should have those officers, however I think they might have thought they had no choice, and for 20 minutes or whatever it was, they would be OK.

It surprises me actually as the police treat dogs as colleagues and look after them very well. I just hope this is an isolated incident.

15. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

He should be charged if not, yet again one rule for them and another for the rest of us.

And he should be literally.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice