Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Turtle question

Discussion in 'Turtles and Tortoises' started by CautiouslyOptimistic, Aug 10, 2008.

1. CautiouslyOptimistic

CautiouslyOptimistic PetForums Junior

I was in a pet shop last week and browsing their fish selection when I noticed they had turtles in, now I'm no expert but I thought they needed land areas in their tanks, only these had non, just a tank of water. I didn't raise this with the workers, in case I was completely wrong, so I thought I'd check, I wouldn't want to spout off if it turns out its fine the way they have it, but I know pet shops don't have a very good record for keeping their animals in a healthy condition.

2. wiccan

wiccan PetForums Senior

depends on the type of turtle i have a chinese soft shelled turtle who is fully aqatic he does have a turtle dock but hardly ever uses it ! so they dont all need land do you no wot type they were ?

3. CautiouslyOptimistic

CautiouslyOptimistic PetForums Junior

4. mrsdusty

mrsdusty Guest

How big do these turtles grow to? And where is their natural habitat?

5. wiccan

wiccan PetForums Senior

ok that looks like a terripan (cant spell soz ) they do need some land i tink but not the same as mine

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice