Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Turkish News Report Accuracy in regards to UK forces deaths!!!???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by turkeylad, Aug 16, 2009.

1. turkeylad

turkeylad PetForums VIP

Ok many people know my views on military conflicts and this is not what this thread is about.. What İ am interested to know because we do not always get accurate news reports here (for example if you hear the news here you would believe that half the UK population is about to die of swine flu). News reports here suggest that the UK is suffering the highest military casualties and deaths in Afghanistan due to being poorly equiped. CNN suggests that vital equipment is having to be loaned to UK military from the US troops. Just interested to know how its being reported in UK and what peoples take on it is there.

2. bird

bird PetForums VIP

We've not all got swine flu, might have something to do with being diagnosed via the phone so all hypocondriacs have been at it.
    Think we do have a high casualty rate in Afganistan, havnt got a clue why we are really there, just know before all this kicked off I said to friends that this would be our vietnam
    yes our boys are very badly equipped out there and wouldnt be suprised to find that other nations are helping out and lets end there before I get into a rant about this blessed worse than useless government we have.

3. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

well Swine Flu is doing my head in! i rang for anti-biotics as i know i have a throat infection i used to suffer with them really bad as a child/teen, yet they wont let me visit my gp, and they say i have susspected swine flu and gave me a code to get some anti-virul drugs!! Going too far if you ask me (i dont even have any cold/flu symptoms)

As for the UK army, yes its bad, we are badly equipt (why am i saying we? im not in the army lol)
    We have more deaths than the USA army, yet theres lots more (thousands more) of their troops out there than the UK, that kind of shows the extent of it.
    What annoys me is that our troops shouldnt even be there, its nothing to do with our country, but then i suppose that comes down to history and who helped who back then, who stabbed who in the back, and it all reflects doesnt it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice