Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tumour or wart!?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Guod, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Guod

Guod PetForums Newbie

Hey all, my 11 year old lab has a growth on her face that is slowly getting bigger.

I think it's cancer but the vet says it's a wart. I've been to the vets several times now and nothing's working.

Is it a wart in your opinion!?

Attached Files:

2. Blackadder

Blackadder PetForums VIP

Hard to tell from a photo but it could be either, as you are worried ask your vet for a biopsy. A wart is caused by a virus....

3. gesic

gesic PetForums VIP

Looks like an old age wart to me, however if its growing I would just have it nipped off and be done with it. Watching them is fine but if you know its getting bigger its easier to remove when small rather than allow them more time to grow which then might make removal more difficult.

4. wee man

wee man PetForums VIP

It's an old dogs wart!
    My old lady has one just like that on her head, nothing to worry about!!

5. Ceiling Kitty

Ceiling Kitty Hides away from much through humour...

Not going to attempt to diagnose from a photo. If you're worried about it, have it removed and sent away for histology. It will tell you what type of lump it is.

Blackadder likes this.
  6. wee man

wee man PetForums VIP

Of course there are too many vets that see a little lump and no matter what, they see their bank filling up again.
    They mostly suggest the best way that they can get money from us, they frighten us to death with what it might be and take our
    hard earnt money. I have had dealings with this type of vet before and keep well clear
    My vet has diagnosed our old girls cauliflower looking growth on her head as a wart, he has no need or intention to remove it!
    I do not worry about her !

7. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

My dog had one which looked the same near his eye for several years. Sometimes it grew slightly, other times it shrunk, I assumed it was just a wart. Then when he went under GA for some other procedures I asked for it to be removed (it was ruining his good looks) and it was sent off along with another biopsy he'd had done. Turns out it was some kind of low grade tumour.

8. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

Missy has a couple of warts on her head, not grown in size as of yet & hopefully don't. They're about small pea sized I guess. They look the same as the one in the picture.

Interesting you mention your dog's one @Leanne77. Ty has a dark coloured small sized lump under his eye. It has grown from it's original size but I also just assumed a wart and haven't had it checked. I think I probably should though to be on the safe side.

9. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

As you can see, Flynn's wasnt huge but he did used to scratch it and make it bleed a fair bit, another reason I decided to have it removed.

Attached Files:

10. wee man

wee man PetForums VIP

What a "sexy" looking chap he is :)

11. Ceiling Kitty

Ceiling Kitty Hides away from much through humour...

Not the OPs vet though. They reckon it's a wart.

12. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

Different in size & appearance from Ty's, which looks more like a tick than anything.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice