UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
My dog (who I swear is part piranha) had one of these for christmas last year (I think the one he had was rated a 9). Within a couple of minutes stuffing was coming out and by boxing day it had no stuffing, no squeaks and was pretty much just the black binding from the edge.
He did have lots of fun killing it though :D:tongue_smilie:

·
Banned
12,847 Posts
My dogs got through the dinosaur and giant octopus in about a week - good going for a soft toy, but not worth the price tag. They were about £15 each from Crufts, and I was expecting them to last a bit longer! However, they may fare better with a smaller dog like yours.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
what about some of the kong soft toys? they seem to have better reviews for how long the last and are only about £5.99 from zooplus.

I couldn't bring myself to pay £20 for any soft toy, because even if they are supposed to be tuff chances are they aren't indestructable and will onky last a little longer than others out there that are a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Rio hasn't shredded hers yet. Shes normally a major stuffy eater but she only carries her Tuffy toy around and plays tug with it. Was worth the money for me and I'll be getting more for Christmas :)

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
I've got a tuffy toy, the thingy with a loop at each end(a tuggy type toy). Tummel never plays with it(he'll sometimes hold it and let Dan pull at it) and Dan has started to pick the stitching on it...he does love to carry it and play tug with us though.

All in all it's not worth the money, i got Tummel a kong braidz in March and it's still going strong(he adores his tiger) even though it's benn tugged, nibbled, pulled, squeaked and ragged to within an inch of it's life ;) I plan on buying another one for his christmas so he gets really excited!!!

Just to add.. Tummel never intentionally destroys his toys but he has such a powerful jaw that they usually die within a few days of being here.

·
Registered
433 Posts
We had the squid shape toy - rated a 9 for toughness - Bodhi rated it a 2 and five minutes later it was in bits. Yes, he's got a staffie power gob but we've had a skineez duck that has lasted months longer.

Apparently the ultimates have a chance but the price puts me off....

·
Registered
595 Posts
what about some of the kong soft toys? they seem to have better reviews for how long the last and are only about £5.99 from zooplus.

I couldn't bring myself to pay £20 for any soft toy, because even if they are supposed to be tuff chances are they aren't indestructable and will onky last a little longer than others out there that are a lot cheaper.
Bailey has a kong snake which has lasted him 4 years. Although he is not a shredder my mums gbgv is and he hasnt managed to kill it. It has also been put through many tug of war tests and, although grubby, is still very much in one piece!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dogs had these for a while. Three staffies and an english bull. I got the ultimate one and it lasted a few months.
This website does them for way cheaper than anywhere else I know and delivery isn't bad
Tuffy Dog Toys from £4.94

Also got a boomer ball which someone mentioned earlier. It has a few depp scratches but nearly 2 years later it's fine

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
I bought one of the cubes for a dog who rips things up a couple of years ago for another forums secret santa. As far as I am aware he still has it, but he doesn't have access to it all the time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.