UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone has one of these and if they are as good as they seem to be?
Am thinking of getting one for my dog BUT he is a chewer. I got fed up of buying him beds so he now has an old duvet but even this is getting a bit chewed (he finds a seam, rips it open and then pulls the filling out) and I do worry about him getting too cold as he is very thin-coated and sleeps in the kitchen.
I think their guaranteed no chew bed will be miles too big so my choice is either the flat bed or the nest bed and I am not sure which is best.
Any recommendations???

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
We got ours a Tuffie nest not so long ago in the hope it would survive the whippet, who also loves tearing holes in beds and dragging all the stuffing out :rolleyes:

So far, it's the first bed that's survived for more than a day and he hasn't even bothered trying to tear it open. We've actually bought another one for upstairs as it's working so well and that one is also rip free.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We got ours a Tuffie nest not so long ago in the hope it would survive the whippet, who also loves tearing holes in beds and dragging all the stuffing out :rolleyes:

So far, it's the first bed that's survived for more than a day and he hasn't even bothered trying to tear it open. We've actually bought another one for upstairs as it's working so well and that one is also rip free.
Sounds perfect! My dog is pretty good at night, it's just in the evenings when he wants to play that he starts trying to kill his bed:rolleyes:
Hmm, I may go for the nest as it looks more warm and snuggly for winter, but if I get a slightly bigger size than he needs he can still stretch out in it when it gets warmer...

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Iv got 4 tuffies flat beds and they are excellent.

None of mine are chewers so I cant comment on that, but I would think for a chewy dog a flat bed rather than a nest type would be better...not as incising with the sides is my thinking :)

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Iv got 4 tuffies flat beds and they are excellent.

None of mine are chewers so I cant comment on that, but I would think for a chewy dog a flat bed rather than a nest type would be better...not as incising with the sides is my thinking :)
This is what I was thinking, knowing my boy he would still chew up the nest one but wanted to see others opinions on the beds durability. I think I have made up my mind now anyway :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
29,639 Posts
We've had ours over a year & the dog (& us!) love it:thumbsup:

It's holding up well with a chewy 6 month old pupster here, which is more than can be said for my nan's old wicker chest of drawers :lol:

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see the point about the nests having nice chewable sides - I think maybe the flat bed is the way forward and if he is cold I can chuck on some fleecy blankets for snuggling (I know you can get fleecy covers but he would definitely chew them and so I need something I can remove and hide during the day...

·
Registered
15,185 Posts
My dog is a chewer his Tuffie is circa 5 years old now and looks as good as new, it is a flat type (I prefer these as the dog;s spine is never forced into a curl so the dog can choose to sleep in any position).

Does not smell, does not harbour parasites, does not ruin the washing machine, just a quick hose down every week.

I have the woven tuffie bed and it has never flattened; big initial outlay but on a cost per use basis, fantastic value for money.

·
Registered
605 Posts
oooh I have a flat one - it will be about 8 years old now.

Its seen 4 dogs right, who have destroyed every other sort of bed. Its been pee'd on and scrubbed clean more times than I dare to think of.

It looks great even after all this time - would highly reccomend one.

·
Registered
209 Posts
This is interesting to me as Tia has just ruined the third bed since we got her 5mths ago
She's 10 and a half months old now, am really hoping she grows out of it:nono:

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just ordered one :D
Fingers crossed he doesn't decide to destroy it - this is the dog who laughs in the face of indestructible toys but am hoping the texture and size will convince him that it is not a toy...

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Let us know how you get on Dimwit (quoting your username here, ha!) :)

I'd love to invest in some Tuffies for my monsters, the only dog who would destroy them would be Finn who makes light work of any fabric bed. Maybe I should just bite the bullet but I'll be gutted if he tears one up. Can highly recommend the quality of them having seen them at crufts.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.