Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Trying to introduce new food gradually...Arnold has other ideas

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by dom85, Apr 9, 2011.

1. dom85

dom85 PetForums Senior

So I ordered some Grau which came yesterday and taking Hobbs advice about introducing it gradually I mixed roughly a quater of a 100g tin of Grau with his Whiskers pouch and he gobbled up the Grau then promptly jumped into my lap and meowed with an expression on his face much like when my toddler asks for 'more pwease'. So I mixed a teeny bit more really well into the rest of the food which he grudgingly ate over the course of the evening.

I put about a third of a tin in his breakfast this morning and the same again at lunch time but I have been out all afternoon and when I got back his bowl is still nearly full of the whiskers, he's only been here a few days but so far he would have normally finshed that by now.

I dont want to give him too much too soon and upset his little tummy but I'm a little worried that he's not eating enough now because he prefers the new stuff, how long should I wait to introduce more?

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

I think I am going to like Arnold - a lot :D

What to do though? Tough one but I think I might be inclined to just give him Grau and hopefully he is not one who suffers from sensitive stomachs.

3. Vampyria

Vampyria PetForums VIP

I agree with Hobbs; I too would be inclined to just feed him the Grau as he's completely ignoring the Whiskas. As for seeing if he has an upset stomach, I guess you'll have to wait and see :D with any luck he's like my cat and has an iron stomach :D

4. dom85

dom85 PetForums Senior

Thank you, I'll see how it goes, tomorrow morning is my first day back at work since he's been home so hopefully he wont 'react' all over my carpet :blink:

He seems pretty bomb proof so far, hoovered right up to his paws yesterday and he just looked at me like 'yeah...and', so lets just hope his stomach has the same attitude he does.

So, anyone want any whiskers.....anyone? :tongue_smilie:

5. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

Yes, nice to hear about a cat who know what's good for him!!

6. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

hi ...Exactly the same happened with Honey and Indy when i introduced them to Grau..gave up in the end and let them have just that..they were ok :D

7. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

Sooty is the same. He has chronic renal insufficiency, so needed to go on a low-protein diet. I bought hills k/d and was dead scared as he is soooo picky with his food and the reveiws online said many people couldn't get their cats to eat it as it wasn't palatable enough. So I mixed it out with his james wellbeloved, and he point blank refused to eat anything BUT the new food! :D I ended up having to feed him only his new food as he wouldn't touch anything else. He did have a dodgy tummy but I didn't have a choice as with his disease it's really bad for him to lose any weight. He to this day eats loads of the food as it is as he loves it so much! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice