Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Trying not to get in trouble...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by egyptianreggae, Mar 31, 2014.

1. egyptianreggae

egyptianreggae PetForums VIP

One of my Facebook friends has posted to say that her four-week old baby has just said "I love you" to her, and there is an argument developing between one woman who says it's physically impossible and another who says it's perfectly possible, her little boy was reciting the complete works of Shakespeare at six weeks, etc etc...

And what I really want to say is, "Well, my cat can whistle the Marsellaise while walking backwards on his front paws" but that will cause yet more trouble and I don't think my fb friend appreciates sarky humour... But I'm so tempted! Not to mention the pleasant mental image of Tiny doing just that...

2. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

3. slartibartfast

slartibartfast Owned by the Overlords

Potter talks too. He can say "feck" - that's what watching "Father Ted" does to your cat...

4. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

Mika does a delightful rendition of Edith Piaf’s Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien in the most perfect french accent, Which considering he has never left the country is quite some achievement I think!

Rosso on the other hand has no particular talents to speak of despite my attempted hothousing he simply sits on the flashcards and yells TREATS! :001_tongue:

#4 oliviarussian, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  5. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I caught McGee playing the violin the other day.

I didn't know we owned a violin! :eek:

:D :D

6. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

Is he playing for the cat's violin???

(Dutch saying..... doing something for the cat's violin means all in vain, waste of time... :D )

7. jessica93

jessica93 PetForums Senior

I swear that Freddie says mum when he is meowing well sounds like it anyway when I leave a room and go into another room and he can't find me I swear he saus mum mum mum and then I say I'm here Freddie and he runs to me! Think I may sound dilusional!

8. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

I forgot that also Mika does a rather funky version of the Cuban classic Guantanamera!
    [​IMG]

9. egyptianreggae

Haha! Well, you don't own the violin...he does...it's just handy to keep it at your house between performances :)

10. egyptianreggae

That's a brilliant expression, I want to start using it! So much of my working day is made up toiling laboriously for the cat's violin...

11. egyptianreggae

Hahaha! Simba saw Chas and Dave on tv once and he stared at them with a kind of appalled fascination but he hasn't started saying "Gertcha!" Yet...give it time...:D

12. korrok

korrok PetForums Senior

I'm also trying not to get in trouble on FB today. ;) A friend's cat has developed urinary problems while on an all-dry diet (surprise) and I advised her to drop the dry food for right now at least..and of course someone else has to come in and insist that it's all good, their cats are on dry and they're "just fine" etc. Siiiigh. :ciappa:

13. egyptianreggae

Ah, the multitalented Mika! What depths of accomplishment lurk behind that impassive emerald gaze! Better not call him The Little Sparrow though...he might like to eat a little sparrow!

14. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

haha love this thread , now susie does a great impersonation of of a kettle coming to the boil (old style screaming kettle)when her food is being perpared , i never knew cats could scream like that for so long no breath taken:eek::p , i donnt remember ankhie ever doing that ????

15. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy PetForums VIP

and the correct response is to say `That`s nice, dear`, and then have a quiet word with her OH about post-natal checks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice