Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Trouble with rudy :(

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Bradleysmummy, May 13, 2010.

1. Bradleysmummy

Bradleysmummy PetForums Member

Hi guys

Just had my neighbours corner me outside today , When ever i go out rudy barks and howls non stop :( , The rescue center never warned me of this and i dont no what to do?? i hate to say it but if i can't do anything he'll have to go back as i live in between 2 other houses, I am home alot of the time but do have to do the school run and shopping ect and a few baby groups with my daughter.

If there anything i can do???

liv x

2. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

You could train him to be left alone. So leave for a few minutes come back in while he's calm reward for being good the build up the time while he's still happy to be left alone. Crating can help too

3. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

When me moved house our new neighbors told us the dogs were howling when we were out, at our previous house they never did this.
    We had always left them in the conservatory with access to the garden, so was doing the same in the new house.
    So what we do now is leave them in the front room with the curtains closed and with no distractions and being where we normally are seems to work and not a peep since.

I would start slowly - just leave the room for 1 minute gradually build it up over several days, then start going out the front door.

Also desensitize him to you going out - put on coats and sit and watch TV, pick up keys and carry them around, so certain actions don't trigger anxiety.

Also it might be Worth investing in a DAP diffuser or collar.

4. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

when we go out we let either the telly on or the iTunes with lots of clannad and enya on ...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice