Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Trouble Eating

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by frizz2kuk1986, Jul 28, 2009.

1. frizz2kuk1986

frizz2kuk1986 PetForums Newbie

HI everyone,

I have a 5 month old Westie Bitch who gets bored with her food. She gets lots of exercise and drinks plenty of water but she seems to not be bothered with her food. When we first got her she was eating some dried food and was ok with that for the first few weeks but then she just got bored with it. We then slowly moved her onto a different brand of dried food and she really enjoyed it for the first few weeks and again she got bored and stopped eating it.
    It seems as soon as we try her on some new food she really enjoys it and gobbles it all down really quickly but then within a week or 2 she stops bothering with it. We don't feed her food from our plates and try not to give her too many treats, only when training her. What can we do to get her to eat or should we just give her the food and if she doesn't want it she doesn't get it and then eventually she will learn to eat it.

Please help as I worry she isn't eating what she should.

2. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

My dog Jack is just the same,one day he will eat all his food then next day he picks at it,i leave it down for 10 mins then take it away, he is just a fussy eater i am sure,i have recently changed his time for feeding,an hour later and at the moment he seems to be eating better,he had his yearly jab recently and the vet commented how healthy he is,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice