Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Trixie and her new home

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by trixiemixy, Jan 29, 2012.

1. trixiemixy

trixiemixy Guest

I've just remembered what some people said in the thread about her NOT getting re-homed well she did and is still there.

She has apparently settled well and is coping really well. She has been there since October :thumbup:

Just wanted those of you who said she wouldn't get re-homed to know so you can swallow your words as they aren't true!!!!!!!!!!

2. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

You started this thread at 9.48 and by 10 you are demanding that people reply telling you how great it all is. I for one am very glad she has found a loving home; it is certainly the best thing for her.

3. Kc Mac

Kc Mac PetForums Senior

Sorry I must have missed the other thread :eek:

Glad she got a home and doing well :thumbup:

4. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

I was one of the 17 that didn't comment as I read the title and thought that you had got a dog called Trixie!
    I wasn't aware of the history behind Trixie being rehomed until I read through your old posts,so I can now comment and say I am glad she has found a new home

5. fuzzymum

fuzzymum PetForums Senior

I am glad for Trixie. She is EXCEEDINGLY lucky.

As for you, what sort of attitude is that to have? "Haha in your face, I gave up on my dog but it is ok cos someone else can pick up the pieces and fix the problems i made worse, so nuh nuh nuh"?

I sincerely hope you can provide a FOREVER home for the two dogs you have now, and god forbid they should develop any issues you deem too difficult to deal with.

Gah, i will probably get red blobbies all over the place now, but i dont care, this has really p**sed me off :mad:

6. Hertsgirl

Hertsgirl PetForums Senior

Ok, I have no idea what this thread is on about but good that the dog found a new home..

7. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Sorry I was to busy watching Hawaii 50 and being facetious in another thread.

I'm really pleased she's been re-homed and I hope that this time it turns out to be her forever home because poor Trixie deserves a break.

8. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

I didn't know Trixie but glad she's got a home :)

9. fuzzymum

I did say I was glad for Trixie. Why wouldn't I be?

What annoyed me was how you expected everyone to fall at your feet with praise. Can you not see how easily it could have been so different? And can you not see how your attitude in your above post annoyed me?

Not the best reply from myself granted, but it was not the best way to let everyone know trixie is ok.

10. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I'm pleased to hear Trixie has found a new home and it is going well for her :)

You do know that a lot of non-members view threads?
    And some members just wouldn't know of Trixie and her story so why would they comment?

I post threads that get lots of views and maybe just 1 or 2 answers I don't get upset about it :confused:

11. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Glad Trixie has found a new home with someone who can now hopefully work through her problems.

She is very lucky considering the sheer number of Staffies and staffie crossses in homes.

12. fuzzymum

I'm afraid what you need to remember that it is not about proving a point. :rolleyes:

Anyway, good luck to that gorgeous little dog, i hope she lives out the rest of her days healthy and happy.

13. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Well I didnt reply at first coz your tone was a wee bit confrontational for me!!
    I remember the troubles you had with Trixie and I agreed with you rehoming her somewhere quieter and calmer at the time. Im glad things are working out for her, she is just a special doggy who needed a special kind of home!:)

I do love your 2 new pooches though! I have a huge soft spot for Bassetts.:D

14. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Glad shes got new home :) didnt know she was rehomed but good luck to her:)

15. Ingrid25

Ingrid25 PetForums VIP

i just read your attached thread and i now get it, i was very confused at the start....
    im so sorry to hear that you had to give her up because of your condition, it is so nice to see that you did what was best for you and that trixie found a loving new home:) its so great

16. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Didn't you have another dog when you first took Trixie on? I am sure there were two dogs, plus the foster dogs that caused poor Trixie to be muzzled in her own house.

I think your reply was spot on actually.

fuzzymum likes this.
  17. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I'm also glad Trixie has found a new home, she is one of the lucky ones. I just hope that this is her forever home & not another in a long list of new homes.

It's a shame you have taken such a childish stance regarding members raising concerns for Trixie when you posted you were to rehome her. No one wanted to be proved right tbh & I'm sure every single person who posted in your thread would be happy for Trixie

fuzzymum likes this.
  18. emmaviolet

emmaviolet PetForums VIP

your tone was off for someone who is happy their dog is rehomed.

i will agree with others in that if you had not took on the foster bassets then trixie wouldnt have had so many problems!

also you say you'll never get rid of these two, how do you know? what if they decide to flip out oneday?

anyway glad trixie has a new home and you have the bassets you always wanted! just dont understand why you didnt just get a basset in the first place and save the pass the parcel of the other dog!

fuzzymum, shetlandlover and BenMac like this.
  19. ebonymagic

ebonymagic PetForums Senior

Having read all the posts I feel I can say something.

The thread was a bit off at the start, like a child thumbing her nose. This I am sure is due to the brain injury.

Whether trixie had issues or not wasn't the problem. Behaviourists were on the case.

It was the stress of the situation for becky that was the problem, trixie was the dog with the biggest problems so therefore to find her a home where someone could cope with her better imo was the better choice.

It seems to me that no matter what anybody does or what their health situation is, nobody wants to see the bigger picture.

I'm glad that everything has worked out fine for all concerned.

Whatever happens in the future is in the future and personally I think its crap that some are already condeming her.

20. BenMac

BenMac PetForums Senior

I'm very glad to hear that Trixie has finally found happiness and a loving new family...god only knows she deserves it. Let us hope that it sticks this time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice