Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tritrichomonas foetus

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Mia1234567, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Mia1234567

Mia1234567 PetForums Newbie

Hello everybody!
    My cat’s faecal test has just come back positive to Tritrichomonas Foetus parasite. My vet explained to me everything about this parasite, but I would like people to give me as many personal experiences as I can.
    Can you please reply to my questions below?
    - I have read on a Facebook group (Tritrichomonas Foetus in Cats Support Group) several comments/posts about people giving their cats several rounds of Ronidazole treatment without successfully get rid of this parasite. Is this parasite so difficult to cure based on your personal experience?
    - Is there anybody who did give Ronidazole to their cats and their cats experienced neurological side effects such as seizures?
    - For who didn’t give their cats Ronidazole antibiotic, what did you do? did your cats get better over the time? Did they then test positive again if checked again? If you have decided not to treat your cat with Ronidazole, why did you take this decision?
    - What food did/do you give to your cat?
    Thanks a lot everybody !!!!

2. QOTN

QOTN PetForums VIP

3. Mia1234567

Mia1234567 PetForums Newbie

I would love to find a vet in London who is experienced with this Tritrichonomas Foetus. Does anybody know a vet? Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice