Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tried to help and failed

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CAstbury, Apr 29, 2011.

1. CAstbury

CAstbury PetForums VIP

I offered to foster a cat that had been handed in to a vet and couldnt get transported to a rescue and he arrived on Monday and was initially due to leave this weekend - but that arrangement fell through. When my Labradors saw him it was case of 'oh no - not another animal' and they ignored him. Francis on the other hand was excited at a new 'friend' and jumped up to say hello when I had the cat in my hands - cat flew at him and scratched his face.

The plan was that the cat would be kept in my living room at night and the dogs have the rest of the house. My cat would be kept out of the living room as well. Foster cat has subsequently attacked Francis twice more nad sneaked up stairs and attacked my cat. Thinking he was frustrated at not going out I bought a harness and took him out in the garden this morning - without any problem. He was fine walking round garden and into wood but when I got him home and tried to take harness off he went into a rage and attacked me and my friend - drawing blood.

Now Francis is a changed dog - spends a lot of his time outside as he is terrified of getting scratched again. He reluctantly comes in the house but hides in a corner.

I have asked for him to be moved asap but I feel as if I am being blamed for the situation as I have been told to shut the cat in a room on his own by 2 different people. But tbh what kind of life would that be for him - being shut away 24/7?

I thought the whole purpose of fostering was to assess an animal so it would be homed in a suitable forever home?

Am I in the wrong?

2. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

are you in the wrong? not at all.

You tried and sadly sometime it just isn't ideal. You have others to consider.

how long do they expect you to keep a cat shut in a room for?

I hope Francis is back to his normal self soon :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice