UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the first lot at the door, straight after school. I know them all (tiny village) so they chatted to me for a while...then said "We've got to go and scare some more old people". :eek:

Nearly took me flippin sweeties back, cheeky blighters! :laugh:

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Just had the first lot at the door, straight after school. I know them all (tiny village) so they chatted to me for a while...then said "We've got to go and scare some more old people". :eek:

Nearly took me flippin sweeties back, cheeky blighters! :laugh:
I dont mind the little ones with their parents they are quite cute, I suppose the place is going to be littered as usual with eggs and silly string from the older ones as it usually is tomorrow:rolleyes:

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
Too old for trick or treating now so am getting ready for the Halloween Parade and then hitting the SU bar tonight!

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Thankfully or Luckily we don't have any kids that live in the little cluster of houses that makes up our hamlet so we don't get trick or treaters and once the gates shut and locked it would be hard for them to get in.

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thankfully or Luckily we don't have any kids that live in the little cluster of houses that makes up our hamlet so we don't get trick or treaters and once the gates shut and locked it would be hard for them to get in.
I used to hate trick or treating when I lived in Manchester - you could get fireworks through your letterbox and all kinds of antisocial stuff. Now I'm in a tiny village I love it :D
When everyone knows each other, you don't get the nasty behaviour, it's just cute kids with their parents, and the older ones make the effort with the costumes and are polite - I do know their mums and dads!

I put a pumpkin in the window to let them know to knock these days :D

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
If anyone knocks on our door there will be no-one home!!!

Our front door opens into our lounge and trying to get 4 cats out of the room and secure before opening it is a pain in the a$$!!!!

We are very anti-social really. :lol:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
We've never done trick or treating...Iv never been trick or treating either. My parents always ignore it so I guess Iv followed on from that.
Wont be opening the door this evening.

I might change my mind if we move house and have nice neighbours with children though :)

·
Premium Member
33,953 Posts
I won't be opening my door tonight, and if Dillon barks loud enough they'll hopefully go away.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Apologies then Im another grump, I dont mind the little ones accompanied by sensible adult. Its the teen ones who are so rude if you dare to say no thanks. Im locking the side gate so unless they can climb over an 8 foot gate we are safe. :(

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hubby has taken the kiddies trick or treating for the first time this year while I'm at home preparing some spooky treats for when they get back.

My son has loved it today. First thing this morning we carved pumpkins and put up decorations.

·
Still missing my boys
42,322 Posts
They seem to have stopped coming to my door now. I think the word has spread amongst the parents that all they'll do outside of my door is get cold.
Don't accept any cold callers at all here with one exception and that's the Poppy seller :)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.