Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tribute to my little Peanut

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by danielled, Aug 18, 2009.

1. danielled

danielled Guest

Recently my little hamster Peanut died. He was taken from me way to soon. I was going to do the tribute after he died but didn't feel ready as it was too raw. Peanut was a poorly little man. It got way out of hand so I had to make that decision nobody ever wants to make and have Peanut put to sleep. I didn't get chance to take any pictures sadly. I have some lovely memories of me and him together. I loved him to bits. There is a story about how I got Peanut and I want to share it with you all along with my memories of him. I hadn't had him that long and he got very sick and was taken away from me. I miss him. I felt the best thing I cando now is do a tribute on here for him. He would want that. R.I.P. Peanut. I love you. I kept saying how I needed you Peanut but you needed me. You were my little man Peanut and I will always love you. Goodbye my dear little Peanut. Say hello to Toby for me at rainbow bridge. I hope I see him again because I love him so much.
    Danielle.

2. mickyb

mickyb PetForums Senior

So sorry for your lost :(

3. punit yagnik

punit yagnik PetForums Newbie

I am Sorry for your loss Danielle, I can understand exactly what you are going through......
    RIP Peanut.....

4. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Im sorry for your loss! R.I.P Peanut!

5. danielled

danielled Guest

I feel so guilty but I know it was best for him. I feel like I let Peanut down.
    Danielle.

6. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

You did what was right for Peanut, he isn't suffering or in pain now.
    RIP Peanut

7. danielled

danielled Guest

I let Peanut down and now he's gone. I loved him and miss him. Call me crazy but I need a friend, I'm serious. Without Peanut I'm nobody. He used to crawl up my sleeve and sleep there. I miss him doing that.
    Danielle.

8. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Sorry for your loss Danielle, Peanut sounds like he was a lovely hammie and its unbelievably hard to have to make that horrible decision for someone you love, hope you find some way to feel better and when you feel ready maybe you could get another little hammie, not to replace Peanut but just to love.

9. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

AAAwwww so sorry just read this RIP little peanut Run Free xxxxxxxxxxxxx

10. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

R.I.P ..Little Peanut xxx You are a sweet girl Danielle...

11. danielled

danielled Guest

Then why do I feel so bad? I feel terrible. What have I done?
    Danielle.

12. pets-life

pets-life Banned

Hi there,

I know exactly how you feel.

I've had Syrian hamsters for 10 years now and when you lose one it does hurt, but trust me, you do get over it. Not straight away, but you do over time.

I usually wait about 4 - 6 weeks before I get another one - I find that's enough time to get over the grieving process.

Hope this helps.

You might find the articles here on Pet Loss of help.

Articles On Pet Loss And Bereavement

13. danielled

danielled Guest

Thank you all so much for your support. I never get over my pets.
    Danielle.

14. danielled

danielled Guest

I was thinking the same thing as you when I saw that.
    Danielle.

15. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

So sorry you saw it was hopping it would be deleted:mad:. rip peanut

16. danielled

danielled Guest

No worries. I have only just seen it. Why did they post that? Hopefully it should be deleted if Tashi or any of the other mods see it.
    Danielle.

17. danielled

danielled Guest

If you look on page 2 on this thread, scroll down until you come to a page about pearls or something that has nothing to do with Peanut. Anotherfriend on here saw it and wasn't happy. You can't miss it. I've just seen it and found it rather hurtful. You'll see why when you see it. I miss my little Peanut.
    Danielle.

18. danielled

danielled Guest

I saw it by accident when I was just checking on my thread. I think you were hopeing I wouldn't see it weren't you? What they posted I found very upsettig that they would post it on my tribute to Peanut, why did they do that?
    Danielle.

19. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

Awwww Danielle, i feel your pain i really do, i have a rough idea on your circumstances, could you not have another one or maybe 2 new little friends a bit later on????? Peanut would like you to do that i feel.

Also your never alone huni, you have me you can talk to whenever you feel the need as you know, and im sure there are others on here too!

Im seriously thinking of getting one you know, so if i do you could get another one and we could watch em grow together :smilewinkgrin:

20. danielled

danielled Guest

I have a cat called Pepsi. Did you see what somebody posted that has completely nothing to do with this topic on this thread?
    Danielle.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice