Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Treeless Saddles?

Discussion in 'Horse Tack and Equipment' started by donna1, Oct 27, 2013.

1. donna1

donna1 PetForums Junior

Does anyone have any experience of treeless saddles, good, bad or indifferent? Thanks.

2. lilythepink

lilythepink PetForums VIP

I prefer a good old traditional leather saddle that has been well looked after and well used. depends what work you want to do?

I have a stubben siegfried that was bought new.......most uncomfortable thing I ever sat on and then another one just a GP saddle bought at the same time and its great.

3. Tempeh

Tempeh PetForums Newbie

I MUCH prefer the traditional saddles to the treeless. I find them uncomfortable. I also find english saddles 100x more comfortable than western for some reason!

4. toffee44

toffee44 PetForums VIP

I did ride in a barefoot Cheyenne and got on with it but was fussy on what horse it fitted or I felt secure on.

I couldn't really jump in it either.

I tried my friends foenix vogue and hated it, it was vile.

Prefer treed to be honest.

5. toffee44

toffee44 PetForums VIP

If you have the money I do feel WoW is the way to go. Second hand around £650 for GP

6. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

OTOH I love my Vogue treeless saddles. :) My grey mare in hers and my old boy in his. Thankfully they both love the saddles too. :thumbup1:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I think it depends on the horse and what work you will be doing with it. They are not great for jumping. They are dressage legal but not sure how effectively and tidily a dressage test could be ridden in one.

I have had a pony that went so much better in one and stopped bucking and I also use one on whichever pony is used for a disabled rider that comes once a week.

8. Today.94

Today.94 PetForums Newbie

9. Halfpenny

Halfpenny PetForums Junior

We have a treeless saddle for our Noriker mare, she's really broad and I find it hard to have faith in finding a proper saddle fitter, I also suspect she would need to have a bespoke saddle made as she is so wide.
    She doesn't do much so it's fine for her, the stirrups are further back on this saddle than a regular saddle, which makes her feel even wider!
    I've just bought a barefoot Cheyenne for my boy, he's really broad too but haven't actually tried it yet. I like the idea of treeless for horses who change shape over the course of the year, due to time and weather mine don't get ridden much in the winter, so they change shape quite a lot.

10. Peanuts mum

Peanuts mum PetForums Newbie

I had my boy in a heather moffett treeless fheonix while he was growing and changing so much, but now he leaps about a lot I've just changed back to a treed saddle which he now seems to prefer. But I did everything dressage / jumping in it and it was fine
    Also I'm 5 foot and he's 16:2 and it was very comfy :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice