Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

treats for kittens

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by purrlover, Jul 26, 2009.

1. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

hi all , just wondered what "real food" you can give kittens / cats for treats etc , what do you give yours? (as in stuff we have in the house) my mates cat loves coconut(???)
    my moggie stella is a really fussy eater and will not eat any treats of any discription ! are most cats fussy??:rolleyes:
    julie xx

2. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

Mine are all the same they won't touch cat treats from the pet shops but yesterday my son turned his back for a second and Taz was on the table trying to nick his pizza !!! :D:001_tt2: x

3. Angelic1

Angelic1 PetForums Member

Dolly is very partial to a bit of ham or cheese. :)

4. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Mine likes the cat nip drops . And a small bit of chicken . Has tried to eat some corn beef my daughter left on her plate.

5. kidsandcats

kidsandcats PetForums Member

I used to give mine cooked chicken. Always saved them some when we had a sunday roast. Also, tuna occasionally. They liked the Felix cat treats too. I still have them in the cupboard with their food. It's a constant reminder that they are not here anymore. But, keeping it as we will have our new kittens soon!
    Sharon
    x

6. LadyRedLainey

LadyRedLainey PetForums VIP

Jinxy loves the treats from the shops, i have givin him a bit of ham and chicken also a bit of tuna he much prefers them lol.

7. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Pepper likes ham, cheese, beans, pilchards and probably anything she can near enough to!
    The only things I willingly gave her was ham, pilchards and a teeny bit of cheese, the beans she stole from my plate!
    I will be giving her tuna and chicken at some point.

8. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

My cats love Craze treats & I don't mind them having them as they're not full of rubbish! It's pure freeze dried white fish, prawns or chicken - mine love the fish ones best & like them dry (you can rehydrate them), but you can't half tell they're fish, lol :D You get some bits left at the bottom of the pack (more in the chicken as it's more delicate), but if you sprinkle that on their food, they wolf it down, so there's no waste either - really good if you've got one off it's food to encourage them to eat it. I bought mine at a cat show, but you can get them on ebay or online too - Cat Treats : Pinky Pawz - Simply ... the cats whiskers!, Pinky Pawz - Simply ... the cats whiskers! . They come in bigger packs, but I can't see them on the website - maybe out of stock? My five love them :001_tt2:

#8 munchbunch, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  9. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

I was just coming to recommend these too. Always next day delivery and just delicious! The cats quite like them too. ;)

10. purrlover

thanks guys for the website.... im now 35 quid down ...:( mind you got lots of goodies for the kittens coming:D
    its a great website !!
    julie xx

11. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue PetForums VIP

Hi Julie

Yes, mine are addicted to those Craze treats but at least they work out cheaper than the Thrive which I used to buy. Yep great website and extremely fast delivery.:D

12. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Me too, it just takes one link and that's me off buying more un-necessities! I seen a great little toy there too though I had seen them in PAH for ££££ and they were £2.99 on Pinky Paws!

It's nice to have something to look forward to coming through the post. I may buy myself something sometime. :rolleyes:

13. purrlover

my parcel came...stella loves the treats!!! and i mean loves them , im really pleased she likes them :D
    julie x

14. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Phew - so glad they like them seeing as I recommended them, lol :D What flavour/s did you get? Mine like the smelly fish best :eek:

15. purrlover

yeah stella loves them! we bought prawn and the white fish ,phew they are smelly tho !! but yes i will defo be buying them again:D thanks for the recommendation
    julie xx

16. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

I have some of smelly fish coming today :) They adore the chicken too.

I bought them to put in with the kittens packs too. They even look good with their nice shiny paper and all. :D

17. Domoniques

Domoniques PetForums Senior

Hi
    Well the 2 boys litter brothers are very different Oliver will only eat cat food and fish will play but not outgoing , Tobias is very outgoing ,will eat/taste anything food climb up your arm to see what it is steal from your plate given a chance much to the distaste of 3 Dobermanns watching ,
    I think they are getting a bit over weight also think they are being fed or stealing food from next door not sure what I can do about it .

18. Number 1

Number 1 PetForums Member

Natures Menu treats, about £1 a bag from PAH. Apart from that, outside of their cat food, they sometimes have raw meat, love egg especially duck egg yolk hard or soft, and avocado.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice